Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back in Time

   I thought that the Lakers would have come out with a little more fire then they did in game one that is for sure. But that being said I also didn't think they would be facing the real CP3 not the CP3 we have seen this season who has struggled hitting jump shots and not been as explosive, he still has been getting his teammates involved as much as always. I think that he took the Lakers by surprise I think maybe they were thinking that after his knee went out that he lost a step, I think most everyone thought taht until that first game. I know that the Lakers didn't get anything really out of their big men which to me was a bigger surprise then CP3 doing what we all remember him for. There is no way Pau and Bynum can get out worked by the Hornets front court and still expect to win this series. The Lakers are the better team it just seems that when they think they can coast they will coast and this is playoffs and it doesn't matter who you are playing you can't coast through any of the games. As far as the Spurs losing to the Grizzlies I can't say I am shocked the Grizzlies front court is good sure they are young and don't have anywhere near the number of playoff games under their belts as the front court of the Spurs but that didn't seem to bother them in game one. I am not saying they can win the series but they spread the ball around and can get good games from a number of different players. I think that if the Grizzlies front court can keep up that same level of play the whole series then the Spurs are going to be in big trouble moving forward. Now on to the other "upset" which I can't really  say to me is that much of an upset, yes the Magic have one of the best players in the league in Howard but when no one else steps up around him how can you expect them to beat a team like the Hawks, especially with Joe Johnson playing as well as he did in game 1. The Hawks are a much more balanced team then the Magic are and if the Magic are going to get back on track they are going to need a consistant number two scorer, I know Nelson had 20+ points but he got them all in the 3rd quarter when they were already getting beat pretty bad. Last night the Bulls out lasted the Pacers once again and I know everyone is ready to jump off the Bulls bandwagon because of a few bad games. I expect them to get back to their deffensive ways and there is no way they are going to turn the ball over as much as they did last night. Maybe now that they are in the playoffs and actually have expectation they are a little nervous I don't expect it to go on much longer. I think they come out in game 3 and show everyone that they are the team we all thought they were. Yes they do rely on Rose a lot but I think that with Boozer having the game he did last night they now know he is the guy they thought, that is the whole reason they brought him in was for his 20-12 playoff numbers and he came through for them last night. The only reason that game was so close was cause the Bulls kept turn the ball over everytime you turned around it was another Bulls turnover I don't expect it to be like that again.

    Now on to tonights games, the first game up is the Knicks v. the Celtics and if you ask me the Knicks should be leading this series 1-0 instead of the other way around. They seem to play great until they get into the 4th quarter then it all goes out the window which I don't understand. I know they were without Billups at the point which hurts a little as well, but when Amare is that hot and Melo that cold it should be obvious who your going to down the stretch, even if its not every time down the court at least get him 2 or 3 touches. In all fairness Melo is one of the best closers in the game right now and what happened to him in game 1 doesn't happen often at all, I expect a huge game from him tonight I say he goes for 30+ and Amare stays hot. I think that not having Billups out there for a whole game will hurt them a little but Douglas has shown he is a legit back up, no he isn't Mr. Big Shot but Melo can usually be that guy also. I think that the Knicks come out strong in game 2 and get a huge W taking it to 1-1 going back to MSG. Now as far as the second game goes with the Blazers v. Mavericks, I know the first game wasn't pretty for the Mav's as the got out shot from the floor by 6%. However they killed it from 3 point land which they need to continue to do throught the playoffs and with one of the best jump shooters ever and one of the best 3-point shooters ever (as far as makes go) they should be fine in that department. They need to continue to not let Wallace have a big game they did a pretty good job stopping everyone expect Miller and Aldrige and Aldrige is going to get his there is no doubt about that but when you hold there other scorers to under double digits there isn't much else you can ask for. I know that Wallace and Roy probably won't be in single digits every game of the series but neither with Chandler or Marion I mean the Mav's had a really bad game and they still were able to hold off the Blazers, I know the big reason is cause of Dirk and his ability to close games out but still I say they come out tonight and play a much better game and get the W making it 2-0 while they hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment