Thursday, April 14, 2011

Will the Lakers drop the ball for Phil

    This is the 4th chance at a 3-peat for Lakers coach Phil Jackson and what will be his last season coaching as well. Can the Lakers win again for the 3rd straight year in a row, yes there is no doubt in my mind they can. But they will need a healthy Bynum to do that, I know he played with pain in his knee last year and still was a key part of what they did. So I expect him to be in there maybe not a lot in the first round but after that he will be key to the Lakers in any matchup they have. If the Lakers were to not win though it wouldn't surprise me very much. It wouldn't even surprise me if they don't eve come out of the West and make it to the Finals. I wouldn't be surprised or disapointed with a OKC v. Chicago final and I am sure everyone else would enjoy it as well. Do the young guys have what it takes to really get through the playoffs that is yet to be seen, we have seen them in there for a year but now they have expectation and we all know what that can do to someone not knowing how to handle it, anyways more on that later.

   As far as baseball goes if you thought Cruz was off to a good start you seemed to have made Tulo mad. The man is on fire already at 7 homeruns with 4 in the 4 games they played against the Mets, the man is just on fire and hitting everything thrown his way. Tomorrow the O's pitcher Britton is making another start this time against the Inidians who have been hitting well as of late, but Britton has been great in his first few starts I really think he is going to be a quality pitcher for these guys all year. I know they didn't want to have to bring him up till late April early May but the kid has handled it so well and just been lights out. Weaver is on the mound after that 15 K outting last time out he now has to deal with a White Sox team that has been hitting decent, if not for their closer their record would refelct their talent. A really great matchup tomorrow not just pitchers but all around teams is the Rangers v. Yankees series that starts tomorrow. The Rangers have Matt Harrison who will be looking to continue to be strong for the Rangers and get them some quality innings against this dangerous Yankee lineup. The Yankees have their young pitcher Nova out on the mound who I really think is and will be a great pitcher. I liked what I saw with him when he was on the Red Sox v. Yankee game on ESPN, this will be a great game to start the series but I am hoping the Rangers get back to hitting like they were before the 2 loses and pull out the win.

    Now for the West's side of the first round of the playoffs, this side has to be the strongest from top to bottom and has the biggest chance at an upset. Saturday for the west the Blazer v. Mavericks in what many people think will be an upset, let me just tell you I know the Mav's have fallen short in years past in the playoffs but this team seems so much different then those ones to me. This team is tougher it plays better deffense and IF they get Butler back they will have many different ways to hurt you on the offensive ends. I think that if Dirk did work in the paint as well as his mid range game then they would for sure take the Blazers down with ease. Now I really like the Blazers and if they were going up against almost any other team I would be tempeted to take them for the upset but I just can't go against my Mav's in the first round. I know that might be stupid because with the Wallace trade this Portland team is really strong I just have faith in my Mav's. Now for Sunday we have the Grizzlies v. the Spurs in another great first round match up, I know the Grizzlies lost Gay and that really killed them but they still have shown they are a good team. I wouldn't be surprised if Manu doesn't come back for this series if it doesn't go to at least 6 games. I really wouldn't even be surprised if they won, but Randolph would need to play at an unreal level for that to happen. Next up Sunday is the Lakers v. Hornets in what should be an easy series for the Lakers and I know that is what we said about the Thunder for them last year. But I look for the Lakers to want to show everyone they are ready for the playoffs and they are the team to beat, I look for them to sweep the Hornets especially if Bynum is healthy. Last but no where near least is the Nuggets v. Thunder series and this one is just like the Mavericks series for me, if the Nuggets were playing anyone else I would probably pick them to win, but I think the Thunder are hungry and are ready to prove they belong up there at the top right there with the Lakers and Spurs in the West. I am really excited about the Wests playoff due to the fact that all these teams are so close in talent unlike the East, even though the East is better then years past I still think this will be a great playoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment