Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pick Me Pick Me!

  Since none of the NBA games were on TV tonight I will just give my picks for tomorrows games before the games tonight are finished. With the recent events in the West the Lakers are closing in on the Spurs but they won't be able to make any ground up tonight as the Spurs pulled off the win against the Hawks meaning the Lakers can only hold it as is or lose ground if they drop this game tonight to the Jazz. They have only lost 2 games since the All Star break and it was only 1 before they lost to the Nuggets this past weekend. Everyone keeps saying how the Blazers are the team no one wants to face in the playoffs but I disagree, other then the obvious choices I would go with the Nuggets as the team people are not looking forward to seeing in the post season. I know that the Nuggets lost tonight to the Thunder who I really think will give the Lakers all they can handle in post season, if and when they meet. I mean last year the Thunder almost beat the Lakers and that was without Perk and when they were much younger and pretty much all KD all day. Now they Thunder can hurt you in a couple ways on the offensive end and they have Perk and Ibaka down low and I really think that either them or the Laker will be repping the West in the Championship game. I really have my heart set on the Mav's being the West's team but they will really need to pick up their play here in the stretch towards the playoffs or else they are going to go into the post season playing their worst ball of the year.

  Ok lets get to my picks for the games that are taking place tomorrow night. First up is the Wizards v. the Pacers and the Wizards aren't the best road team and they played tonight so I will take the Pacers in that one. Next is the Knicks v. the Sixers and while they both played tonight and one won and the other lost I am not sure about this one its a toss up and every time I pick the Knicks they let me down. That being said I think they are finally starting to figure out how to play with each other and I think that they will continue to show that tomorrow night while they beat the Sixers. The Cav's vs. the Raptors tomorrow will be a great  game so good it should be on TV lol just kidding. The Cav's won tonight but I don't think they have what it takes to knock out 2 in a row and just because of that I am  taking the Raptors. The Magic take on the Bobcats tomorrow and like I have said many times the Magic have what would be the MVP if not for Rose in Howard and I think there is no way the Bobcats will have an answer for him, and with Nelson playing the way he has been lately that makes the Magic very deadly, Magic win. The Nets v. the Pistons and while the Nets have Williams back I am not sure if they will be able to hang with the Pistons who can play with anybody if they play 100%, that being said I think that now Williams in on the Nets he wants to show everyone he can win with anyone and he has done that so far with them, Nets win. The Rockets v. the Hornets tomorrow and since the Hornets are at home and the Rockets played tonight I am taking the Hornets in this one. The Bucks travel to take on the Heat tomorrow, and the Heat are playing great at the right time and I think they will run throught the Bucks like they do every bad team. The Suns v. the T-Wolves tomorrow and while the T-Wolves have Love and Beasley I just think that now that Nash is healthy the Suns will win these games where they are going against people they equal to or better than, Suns win. The Clippers v. the Thunder and as I said in my opening paragraph I really like the Thunder especially after the trade, I think they will stop Blake and Durrant will continue to dominate like he has been the past couple games trying to get his point per game average up as much as possible over LBJ before the season is over, Thunder win. The Nuggets travel to take on the Mav's and since the Nuggets played a game tonight and the Mav's are at home and had the night off tonight I am taking the Mav's. I know they haven't been playing well lately but this will be a statement game for them to let people know they are the team we thought they were all year and you don't wanna play them in the post season. The Kings v. the Spurs tomorrow and even though the Spurs played tonight I think they will be able to pull off the win tomorrow night as well. Last but not least the Laker v. the Warriors and while the Warriors can score a lot and fast I still think the red hot Lakers will be to much for them inside, Lakers win...Kobe.

   Tomorrow there are some good pitching match ups that I will touch on real fast also I will talk a little more about the season so far. Tomorrow the Rangers face their second really good pitcher of the year their first was Lester of the Red Sox. Tomorrow is the best of the best though in King Felix, who will try and slow down the league most powerfull offense. The Rangers will have their ace on the hill in C.J. Wilson who didn't get the win his first outting but the team still pull it out after he had left. If the Rangers can get ahead early that would be huge but if not all they need to do is keep it within 1 or so until Felix has to hand it over to the bull pen and hope they can get the W then. That is if he hands it over to the bull pen his last outting he went all 9 innings giving up only 2 runs off 5 hits with no walks and 5 K's. Granted the Rangers offense is much better then the A's but they don't call him King Felix for nothing. That being said I look for the Rangers to win by 1 or 2 runs late in the game. Also Lincecum will look to really take control this time out there after having an error cost him his last outting. He pitched near perfect going 7 innings giving up 1 uneared run off 5 hits with 3 walks and 5 K's. I am sure this time he will look to get ahead early and try and get as deep into the game as possible I really look for him to have a strong outting tomorrow just to make sure he gets the W. Another pitcher I think will be looking to bounce back after a rough first outting will be Justin Verlander. He went 6 innings giving up 3 runs off 3 hits with 4 walks and 8 K's he got the ND but still wasn't his best stuff and it was obvious, I look for the Tigers bats to have a much better day for him tomorrow as well. I mentioned earlier that I was worried about how Ogando would fair as a starter for the Rangers while their other pitchers are on the DL and he really had a strong outting. He went 6 innings gave up 0 runs off only 2 hits with 2 walks and 4 K's. I know that he will most likely be in the bull pen when their pitchers get healthy but it sure will be a battle for the number 5 spot once Hunter and Webb are healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment