Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Really?

   Man just as I thought everything was going great for the Rangers Hamilton goes and gets himself hurt after the third base coach sent him home on what really was a stupid play. There was no one covering the plate but the catcher was much closer then Hamilton and there was no reason to risk it. I know it was a close game but its the start of the season no need to risk your best player like that. Of course he slides head first and breaks some bone on the right shoulder or arm or something and is now out 6-8 weeks! That was peoples knock on him and Cruz is that they are great players but are never there for the whole season. I know that is usually the case with both of them but I was hoping for them both to be in 150 games this year and now that isn't going to happen I just hope Cruz stays healthy. There have been a lot of injuries to start the season lets hope that we are just getting them out of the way now and that way we can come down the back end of the season with everyone healthy and playing at 100%. Today there was a lot of good pitching match ups but it seemed like no one except Haren had their best stuff today. I know Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter didn't have anywhere near his best stuff as the D-Backs hammered him tonight in route to their 13-8 win over the Red Birds, but to take something positive away from this for the Cardinals is that Pujols went 3-5. Now I was sure that with Lester on the mound the Red Sox would be able to pull off a win agains the Rays and I know the Rays had their ace David Price out there who is one of my favorite pitchers and he just got it done today against the struggling Red Sox. Price got his first win of the young season going 7 2/3 innings giving up 2 runs off 5 hits with 2 walks and 3 K's. Lester on the other hand suffered his first loss of the season going 7 innings giving up 3 runs off 7 hits with 2 walks and 8 K's. Now with a lineup like the Red Sox have 3 runs should be good enough for Lester to get the W, I know this wasn't his best outting of the season but still that offense needs to pick it up and needs to do so fast. I know its the start of the season and baseball season is long to say the least, but I mean you can only call it a slow start for so long. I know they are a really talented team on the field and at the plate but lately they just aren't showing it.

     Tomorrow there are not many great pitching match ups but I will go ahead and give my picks for all the games we have going on tomorrow and see how I do my second time around. The first game is the Rangers v. the Tigers and the Rangers have lost some of their pitching in the double header they had over the weekend so they aren't starting Colby Lewis their usually number 2 guy. That could make it tough on the pitching staff tomorrow as the Tigers are a very good team at the plate, I just don't know if they are as good as Texas and while Hamilton is out I still think the Rangers bounce back from their loss today with a win tomorrow. Next the Royals v. the Twins and the Twins have been off to a little bit of a slow start but tomorrow they have Liriano on the mound and if he can give them a quality start I think they have this one in the bag if not they Royals will pile up the hits and edge this one out. I will go with the Twins though I think once they get their bats going they are only going to get better. The A's v. the White Sox since the A's haven't really been hitting well either I am going to take the White Sox to get them again tomorrow. The Blue Jays v. the Mariners as the Jays send Kyle Drabek back out for his 3rd start and some people are saying his first outting was a fluke and I still think he has something going for him I look for him to have another strong showing tomorrow in the Jays win over the M's. The Reds v. the Padres and Wood takes the mound again for the Reds I think he will be a little to much for the Padres tomorrow as will the Reds bats. The Indians v. the Angels and since the Angels don't have an ace on the mound tomorrow I think the red hot hitting Indians win tomorrow. O's v.  the Yankees as the O's send Tillman out to face Burnett as long as the O's can get some runs I think they can win this one, and I think they are going to win this series actually and let a lot of people know they are at the top of the AL East and they belong their as of right now. Philly v. Washington and I really think that the Nats did a great job adding players in the off season to make them better I just don't think they have a shot at winning against who might be the best pitcher in baseball right now Doc Holladay, that being said Phillies win. One quick thought on the Nats, if they get those bats going they could be a dangerous team especially next year with Strasburg coming back and maybe the chance Harper is up in the bigs by then. The next game would be the Brewers v. the Pirates and the Pirates have some good young talent on the offensive side but they do still need some pitching to get to where they want to be. The Brewers have it on the mound and at the plate and I think they take this one tomorrow. The Rays going for a sweep of the Red Sox tomorrow as the Sox put Lackey on the mound I think if the Rays can beat Lester they can for sure beat Lackey. The real question is have they turned it around or has the past few days just been because they have been playing a team who is also struggling I don't know, Rays win. The Braves v. the Marlins tomorrow and while the Marlins have a lot of young talent they are not there just yet. They will win their share of games this year thats for sure but they need Hanley Ramirez to get going and they will be much better, Braves win. The Rockies v. the Mets and no one thought the Mets would be as good as they have been, but tomorrow the Rockies have Rogers out on the mound who did a great job his last time out I think he has another one tomorrow in a close win over the Mets. The Cubs v. the Astros and while both teams have good pitchers on the mound I think the Cubs will edge them out tomorrow for the win. The Cardinals v. the D-Backs and while the Cards are supposed to be a great team and the D-Backs well not so much I have seen a lot more good things from the D-Backs this year then the Cardinals but that being said I think the Cardinals win this one. The Dodger v. Giants tomorrow for the series and I think the Giants will pull this one off with a little better offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment