Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not again!

   I really didn't think that having Hamilton out would effect the Rangers as much as it seemed to, or maybe Scherzer was on or something. But they only  scored 2 runs off 9 hits and it just didn't seem like they had their A game today, I wish I could have watched the game on TV to actually know but I don't have MLB extra innings so I am stuck with like maybe 1 D-Backs game a day if I am lucky. I am not worried about the Rangers I think maybe they were a little over worked they have a day off tomorrow I expect them to bounce back strong from this and put up a few more wins in a row. I knew that with Doc on the mound there was no way the Phillies would lose. The score makes it seem a lot closer then it was, the Nats didn't score a run till the 9th inning and they left Doc out there so maybe he was a little gased but still he got the job done. I wish they would have let the closer come in though cause I just picked him up on my fantasy team because Lidge is going to be out till the all star break. I also have the White Sox closer Thorton on 2 of my teams or at least I have him on one and dropped him on the other, I would have dropped him from both but there isn't a better option in my other league. I totally forgot that Josh Johnson was pitching for the Marlins today or else I never would have picked the Braves to beat them. Johnson was on tonight he went 7 1/3 hitless innings and struck out 9 and left the game after the no no was broken up. I know Drabek wasn't perfect today but he did only give up 2 runs in 5 2/3 innings which isn't bad I know he left the game down by 1 but he still had a strong outting adding 5 strike outs as well. I think he will be a great pitcher by the all star break, I mean he already is good and some poeple were say his first game was a fluke but I just don't see it.

   The NBA playoffs are almost here and I can't wait this year will be one of the best playoffs we have had in awhile. Especially now that there are a few more good teams on the East side and epsecially with all the great teams out west and how everyone has a tough first round match up on the West. Saturday the Pacers face the Bulls for the first game of that series in which I think the Bull will sweep the Pacers. Maybe the Pacers win one game but I just don't think we have seen the Bulls at their best I think they are saving that 5th gear for the playoffs and we are about to see a really talented team surprise some people. Also on Saturday the Sixer play the Heat in what should be a decent series they both play the same style of basketball and if the Heat aren't careful they could lose a game or two to the Sixers. But I think we are going to see them turn it on in the post season, people have been saying how LeBron isn't a clutch player and while that might be true I think he has been saving himself for the playoffs this year I think he will take over a little bit and the Heat will crush the Sixer. Last but not least we have what I think is going to be one of the best first round match ups in the East. The Hawks v. the Magic and while the Hawks don't have someone that can stop Howard I think they have the players to really challenge the Magic. I also think these teams are pretty even talent wise except of couse for Howard. Which might be ok now that he can take over games on the offensive side of the ball as well they might be able to ride him through the first round or two of the playoffs, as long as their other can knock down shots when they need to. Then Sunday is my favorite first round matchup in the East and that of course is the Celtics v. the Knicks even though the Knicks are fully understanding how to play together they are getter REALLY close. Like I have said before as soon as they made this trade in fact, these guys will be a tough out in the playoffs and that still holds true today. I think the Knicks big 3 all have good playoff experience and one even has finals experience and finals MVP. Does that mean I think they will beat the Celtics no, but they have a really good chance especially the way the C's have been playing lately. If they don't get Shaq back and they are still playing like this Rondo in particular then I think the Knicks will beat them in 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment