Monday, April 11, 2011

Soo close but yet soo far

   I know that a lot of those putts Tiger missed this weekend should have been easily made but they weren't. Sure he did just miss a few tough tough putts that could have made up for the ones he just gave away. I was so ready for him to take the lead all by himself when he hit that amazing shot on 15 to get within what like 2-3 feet for Eagle and then miss it! I mean sure he was now tied for the lead but he only had 3 holes left and most of the people closing in on him had at lead 7-8. Imagine if he eagles that hole, he would have been a totally different man the last 3 holes and who is to say he wouldn't have made a birdie or two which would have eventually forced a playoff. That is if with him so many shots up the guys no finishing up didn't choke it away and just give it to Tiger. But no of course that isn't what happened, he missed the putt that was right there just like he had been doing all weekend. I mean except for his first eagle putt he had which was MUCH MUCH farther away then his missed one. The one good thing to take away from this weekend is he is right there, and that I am pretty sure my prodiction is correct, as soon as he wins and remembers hey many I freaking Tiger Woods! Then that is when golf will be back to the way it was and Tiger will be back to the way he was, mark my words. I am sad that he didn't bring the jacket home but hey at least I was right when I said he would finish in the top 5. I know I know I said Phil would finish top 5 too but he just couldn't seem to keep it on the fairway, you can only hit so many great shots out of the pine needles and rough and trees and still be atop the leader board.

    I know everyone in Boston was probably paniced coming into the series with the Yankees as they were 0-6 and there were no signs of things to get better. Then they took the first one from the Yankees, and there were signs of hope but only for a day as they lost the next game. But then came last night where Josh Beckett was back to the Beckett of '07 and if they want to compete that is what they are going to have to get from him. Lester has done his job for the most part during his starts, sure he has yet to pick up a win but his last outting was a quality start it was the offense that let him down. This isn't a team that is going to need their pitchers to hold the other team to 1-2 runs all season trust me. Crawford will get going and so will the rest of the team, they are big hitters especially in that ballpark. That doesn't mean that their pitchers can continue to pitch the way they did the first 5 games. They should be in the hunt for the top spot in that division but they will need to play up to their full potential in order to do that.

   Right about now the Rangers are getting ready to send Ogando out to the mound for his second outting and he will be facing some big bats in the Tigers lineup. Can he come out and continue to dominate the way he did his last outting, I say yes. He has a high 90's fast ball and a nasty slider and as long as he throws strikes and keeps it low in the zone he should be able to at least get out of their with his team out in front. Sure the Rangers bats have some what slowed down, I mean they had to slow down a little bit you couldn't expect a home run a game from Cruz and Kinsler. I just hope that the back end of this rotation is for real, I mean Harrison seems to be legit now that I have seen him in 2 starts I can get a little better read on him, but still nothing is for sure as we aren't even through 1/10 of his starts yet. I know that Hunter will be coming back and Webb will be healthy hopefully at some point in the season haha. But until then I actually have faith in the guys we have in their now. As long as the bats continue to do what they do the Rangers should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment