Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 player v. the world

  It would seem that after the Heat drop their 5th straight that they are relying way to much and LBJ and Flash. I know they are two of the best players in the NBA but they can't go out there and score 50 each every night, which is apparently what their bench thinks they should do. In the this 5 game skid the Heat bench has been outscored by 102 points, tonight getting out scored 41-8! Can you believe that, I mean isn't that why they went out and got Miller and House and guys like that, so they could come in and knock down open looks. I know the Heat won't win the East and I never thought they would but they will be lucky to get out of the first round if their bench keeps playing like this. I mean LBJ almost has a triple double with 31 points 11 boards 8 dimes and Flash has 38 and 6 boards and their bench has 8 points and their big men have 9 combind points, that is just not going to cut it. Tonight wasn't my best night going 3-3 but really the Heat game doesn't surprise me like I said last night with the addition of Wallace to the Blazers that makes them really dangerous in my eyes and I could see them being a spoiler in the playoffs. I didn't know Scola was out tonight for the Rockets or else I would have gone the other way with that pick, without Brooks Scole is key to that offense they need his 15-20 points a night. That being said the Lakers are looking better then ever, I can't say enough how happy I am Bynum is healthy (knock on wood) this is why the Lakers are so high on him, maybe he is hurt a lot but he is only 23 and hasn't played a lot of games. Say maybe he gets healthy for a few season him and Pau can carry that team for years to come. As long as Pau, Bynum, and Kobe can play like this for the rest of the year I don't see anyone stopping the Lakers from their 3-peat. Especially with all the health concerns in Boston.

   Lets get to tomorrows picks cause there are a lot of them, as tomorrow is a full day in the NBA. First up is the Warriors v. the Nets, now that the Nets have Deron Williams you can't ever count them out but the Warriors can score with the best of them, I know this is the second game for them in 2 days and this one is on the road but I think they might be able to pull off the win, I will be taking them to win but I won't be surprised if the Nets win with the way Williams has been playing since he got traded. The Thunder travel to Philly to play the Sixers who are hot right now, this would be a great road win for the Thunder who have been struggling as of late. The Sixers also played tonight and the Thunder have the fresh legs, plus Kevin Durrant has been in a little bit of a slump lately I think that is due to the departure of Green, but I think he will find his groove tomorrow and watch out Sixers, I got the Thunder winning big on the road. The Jazz on the road to play the Raptors and the Jazz are not usually a good road team but I think they will be able to come away with the win over the Raptors. The Bulls travel to play the Bobcats and the Bulls are playing great right now they are looking to get hot now and carry it into the playoffs. I think the Bulls are just getting used to having Noah back, and he is getting used to being back. I say that is nothing but bad news for anyone in their way which tomorrow night happens to be the Bobcats, Bulls win, Rose has another huge night, I say 25+ with 10 dimes. Just when the Clippers get Gordon back he is out again with another hurt wrist, which is not good for them they face the Celtics tomorrow in Boston. I think that while the Clippers are getting better they still won't be able to get past the Celtics. Even though the Celtics are little banged up right now, their new guys are finally finding their place in the offense and it seems like it will work out nicely for them, I will take the home team. The Mav's take on the Hornets tomorrow and will most likely get Tyson Chandler back into the line up. I think that is all I need to say as to who I will be picking, the Hornets have been less than impressive to me this year, and the Mav's are my team and only will be better with Chandler in the lineup. I will take the Mav's to come away with a big road win here, I am really glad to see the way Roddy B.  has stepped up and I look for him to be their secert weapon in the playoffs. The Cav's travel to play the Bucks tomorrow and the Bucks are coming off a game tonight so I think the Cav's have a shot at the W, even though it's on the road and the Buck's aren't that bad they have Jennings and a few others. It depends on which Baron Davis shows up and if the Cav's show up. I am going to go out on a limb here and say the Cav's will pull off the road win tomorrow night against the Bucks...No wait I changed my mind Bucks win. The Pacers travel to take on the T-Wolves, and the Pacers are coming off a loss tonight to the Sixers so its hard for me to take them especially when going against my man Kevin Love...I hope that he continues his streak only this time his double double will lead them to a win over the Pacers who are a good team. The Knicks v. the Grizzlies, and the Grizzlies are hot right now but if Billups is in the lineup I will take the Knicks, even without him I am taking the Knicks. I look for the Knicks to really start clicking in the next week or so which only means trouble for the teams they face. The Piston v. the Spurs, and after the Spurs just got beat down by the Lakers at home I think they will be looking to show their fans that it was a one time thing with a big win over the Pistons. The Magic v. the Kings and now that Howard is back in the lineup their should be no problem with them getting this win over the locally owned Kings. I look for Howard to have another 30-15 game in a big win.

   I know that with the additions made to the Red Sox lineup in the offseason they are a lot of peoples favorite to make the world series this year. I can see that happening IF their pitching staff can have a good year. I know that with their new power the pitching won't have to be perfect but it will have to be better then good. I think that everyone needs to be as close to their best as possible. I mean we know they have an ace in Lester but they will need Beckett to be his old self as well as Lackey. They have to power and the team to beat on paper, but we shall see how it all works out on the field. I know that Beckett was great in his last start this spring which is good news for Sox fans. Lets get to the other power house that is everyones pick to come out of the NL, thats right the Phillies. I was watching baseball tonight and Curt Schilling said that this could be the first rotation since the '71 Orioles to have four 20 game winners, and I am all for pitching taking back baseball. I mean think about this for a second...in the past 2 season there have only been three 20 game winners, there were 3 last year and 0 the year before that. It is totally possible if you ask me, I mean they have what would be an ace number one starter on any other team pitching in the top 4 spots for them. So think about that, they will be sending out an ace a usually number one starter against the other teams number 3 or 4 guy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them even are in the low 20's I am hoping for one of them to break out with a 25 win season. I really with baseball was like it was back in the 90's with the Hershiser's and the Ripkens and Hendersons I think that is what we are in for these next few years only better quality. I can't say enough how excited I am for the steroid era to finally be over with and for baseball to finally be back to what I know and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment