Monday, March 7, 2011

Championship Week

  Its championship week in college basketball and selection sunday is this sunday, I can't wait for the brackets to come out. I like the loser Lobo fan that I am still have my fingers crossed for the Lobos to pull the upset of the year in the MWC tournament and get our automatic bid into the tourny. I know that is a huge long shot, who knows if we can even make it past CSU who we play first on thursday. We are coming off a huge win against BYU, the second time we have beat them this year. This should show the Lobos that they can play with anyone in the Mountain West and that maybe they have been underachieving all year, but it didn't do the job last time why should it this time.

  The Lakers are finally the team I thought they were all year. I know it has only been what 7 games since the all star break, but guys are finally filling their rolls to the fullest instead of trying to maybe do to much or not trying at all. I am glad Ron Artest finally figured out he doesn't wanna be traded he has the best chance at winning where he is at, which is what it should be about at this point in his career. He knows he isn't that go to guy and he shoulda known before he asked that no other team really wants him. I think the bigger factor here is the way the Bynum is playing, this is why the Lakers love this guy so much, he brings so much to the table and doesn't even have to score to do it. In their last game he had 4 points ( on 2-2 shooting) but 17 rebounds and 3 blocks. With all the offense they have he doens't have to go for 20 every night. He obviously can go for 20 if they give him the shots instead of Pau but Pau has a better outside game and brings more of t he offensive end. Don't get me wrong I think they could flip flop Pau and Bynum and still be the same but the way they have it now is perfect. To me the Lakers are like a puzzle, and when all the pieces are put together in the right place the picture they make is them winning a 3rd straight title. I don't care if Kobe lost a step he is still one of the best players in the game. Sure the Laker started off cold and had some hot spots, but now that its the second half I see nothing but great basketball coming from them.

    Speaking of the Lakers they are tomorros first game, they play the Hawks and  the way the Lakers have been playing after the break I don't see anyone stopping them. The Hawks might be able to score with them IF Joe Johnson has a good night but he has been cold of late. The Lakers take this one in what will be their 8th straight since the break. The Warriors travel to Cleveland to take on the Cav's who at least are putting up a fight in their games now. I still think however that the Warriors can score with the best of them and since the Cav's aren't the best defensive team in the league I think this will be a high scoring game in which the Warriors pull off the win. The Sixers take on the Pacers in what should be a great game, Iguodala is having a great stretch here since the break coming off back to back triple doubles I look for him to continue to have a great stretch and I look for the Sixers to come away with a big road win over the Pacers. The Bucks travel to Washington to play the Wizards and the Wizards are good at home and have a great rookie in John Wall who is not disapointing and if not for Blake Griffin might just be the Rookie of the year. I don't ever count the Wizards out when they are at home and facing a team that is not elite so I will take the Wizards over the Bucks. The Blazers travel to Miami to take on the Heat who are in desperate need of a win. That being said this will be tough one for them to get. The Heat will have a hard time stopping Aldrige if you ask me and he might just drop 30 on them. I still think there is no way the Heat lose 5 in a row, I will take the Heat tomorrow only for the simple fact that they are due, I won't be surprised if the Blazers win though. The Rockets travel to play the Suns and usually I would pick the Rockets but they had a game  tonight and are traveling too, so I will take the Suns, who are turning a lot of heads as of late with their 4th quarter heroics.

   I know that Feliz has said that if would like to close but if the team thinks he can do more damage as a starter then he would start. I think he is only saying this cause he is a little down on himself with his last outting. I think he expected to shut people down right away like he did as a closer. We all know that wouldn't be the case, we just need to get him comfortable with his off speed stuff to have him be confident when he throws it. I say watch his next outting where he will throw 3 innings and see how he does there then we can get a LITTLE better idea of what we are dealing with here. Like I have been saying this kid has so much talent why not try and stretch him out and get 200 innings out of him, he could be a potential number 1 guy in the rotation. Also another guy I have been mentioning was Eric Hurley, he made his first spring training start and turned a lot of heads just as I thought he would, he threw 2 scroeless innings, the Rangers pitching staff may be without Lee but that doesn't mean it won't compete this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment