Monday, March 21, 2011

Yeah buddy

   So after a horrible end of the weekend with all the upsets in the NCAA tournament I bounced back great with my NBA picks for tonight. I only missed one game and that was the Knicks game, and they had the lead in the 4th quarter under like 8 minutes to go and they blew it. I know it doesn't look great for them right now but I still have to think that by the time the playoffs come around they will be ready to go. I am not sure if they will make it out of the first round but they will be a really really tough out, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did get out of the first round. The Magic beat the Cav's by 11 behind Howards 28-18 night, the way he has been playing this year will make it hard to give the MVP to anyone else. I know that Rose has been just as good and carried that Bulls team when they were hurt early on in the season. But a lot of people say that without Howard the Magic are a sub .500 club and I would have to agree. That to me makes him the MVP to his team there is no doubt, I think that without Rose the Bulls would be worse but still good cause they have Noah and Boozer as well as some good pieces around them. Anyways the real story of the second half has to be the Nuggets without Melo. Everyone expected them to collapse and I really didn't see that happening. First off the players they got were playing great for Knicks this year, and the players they had are also great players. They just like I have said many times are young and fast and are ready to improve no matter what it takes. With Melo on their team they ran the offense through him because he is one of the best scorers in the league and it'd be silly for them not to. But the players they have are great getting out and running and playing defense and now that Melo is gone they get their chance to show that, oh yeah and not to mention the great coach they have as well. These Nuggets will be a really  tough out in the playoffs as well depending who they get in the first round.

    Now there are only a few games tomorrow so I hope to get a perfect day going to keep up the good week. Lets see the first game up is the Bulls v. the Hawks and I know this will be the second game in just as many days for the Bulls and the Hawks are a good team but I still think that the Bulls are hot right now and it will take a perfect game from the Hawks or a really bad game from the Bulls for the Hawks to win. The way Rose has been playing and the lack of play coming from Joe Johnson of the Hawks really tells me all I need to know about this game. If Johnson steps it up the Hawks have a good shot at taking this one but that being said I still going with the red hot Bulls to win on the road. The Wizards travel to Portland to take on the Blazers who are also doing well as of late. We all know that the Wizards are not the best team and they are even worse on the road which is where they will be playing tomorrow. Like I mentioned before the Blazers are playing well as of late and I think that Wallace has just started to figure out how to fit in to that offense which only means trouble for other teams, Blazers win. Next up the Suns v. the Lakers in L.A. and even though the Suns have Nash back I don't think it will be enough to stop the Lakers. I know that the Lakers will be without one of my favorite player on their team Bynum, who will be surving the second game of his 2 game suspension for a flagerant 2 foul. I still think the Lakers are to big and to good for the Suns, Lakers win.


    There was a possible World Series preview today when the Phillies played the Red Sox, with the Phillies coming out on top 4-1. Both squads had their ace's on the hill and neither one disapointed, Halladay went 7 2/3 innings gave up 1 run on 5 hits with 3 walks and 6 K's. While the Red Sox ace Lester who went hitless through 4 innings, pitched 5 1/3 innings giving up 4 runs only 3 of them earned on 5 hits with 4 walks and 6 K's. I know that doesn't sound that great but still he looked great through the first 4 as I said didn't give up a hit in those 4 but kinda lost it in the last inning giving up those 5 hits and 3 earned runs. Other games that were worth mentioning the Twins beat the Pirates 4-1 most other games were rained out so there wasn't much today but I am sure there will be plenty tomorrow as we are just 10 days away from opening day, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment