Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shame on me

   I totally forgot to mention over the weekend Anthony Robles the one legged wrestler from ASU not only won the national title but didn't lose as single match all year. I have heard some people say that having one leg could be an advantage and let me tell you now as a wrestler there is only one small advantage he would have. That would be the fact that has one less leg which is a lot less weight and if you know wrestling you know how much weight can mean. But that being said only have one leg has MUCH more disadvantages, for one he can't sink both legs in while on top  to easily flatten someone out to keep yourself on top. Also shooting in to get a take down would be much harder only being able to push off one leg and having to come pretty much from a crouching position I could go on and on but seriously this kid deserves all the attention he has gotten and probably a little more. I know that there was the no leg no arms kid which was great. But he never competed at this high of a level, college wrestling is pretty much as high as you can go as a wrestler aside from the Olympics.

   Anyways on to tonights basketball games where so far I am a perfect 2-0 with the Lakers leading the Suns by 7 in the 4th quarter. I knew the Bulls were red hot coming into tonights game but I thought the Hawks would at least give them a game seeing as how they were rested and the Bulls just played last night. Obviously if you saw the game you know that wasn't the case with Rose dropping 30 points 4 rebounds and 10 dimes oh yeah and did I mention he only played 3 quarters! Thats cause  the Bulls were up by 41 going into the 4th where they lead by as many as 47 with their back ups in and ended the game winning 114-81. With this run the Bulls have gone on over the past few weeks it seems to be clear that they are the team to beat in the East, no longer is it the Celtics. The other game tonight was the Blazers v. the Wizards and the Blazers have really gotten going after the all star break and I would have to say they are a team no one is going to want to face in the first round of the playoffs in the West.

    Now on to tomorrows picks lets hope I can keep up the great picks. First up tomorrow we have the Nets v. the Cav's and since the Nets don't have D-Will I still have a hard time picking against them but the Cav's seem to have fallen back to their old ways as of late. I am going to have to say that even without Williams the Nets pull this one off, they are already 2-1 versus the Cav's this year and that only win coming from the start of the season when the Cav's were at full strength, Nets win but this one could go either way. The Hawks play their second game in just as many days this one is on the road in Philly against the Sixers. I really like what the Sixers have done the second half of the season but this one is tough the Hawks are coming off a horrible loss tonight to the Bulls I don't know how they will respond, also they could be tired I am going with the little upset here and taking the Sixers to win. The Grizzlies v. the Celtics in Boston where the C's will need to come away with a W to keep up with the Bulls in the East. They are facing a red hot Memphis team who is without their star players yes but not playing like it. However this is a big game for the Celtics and I think they will hold strong on their homecourt, Celtics win. The Heat are on the road to play the Pistons, I think that the further along the season goes the better off the Heat are and I say Wade and LeBron are going to have huge nights again, Heat win. The Kings travel to play the Bucks and while I know the Kings have young talent the Bucks actually have a decent amount of talent, Bucks win. The Magic are in the Big Apple to play the Knicks who are under a lot pressure right now to win right away, people keep saying well the Heat started to figure it out around this time. What you are forgetting is the Heat had a whole offseason also with eachother. I still have faith in the Knicks though I think they get a big game out of their big 3 and pull out a huge win against a good east team. I think Howard will have a great night cause I don't think anyone on the Knicks can stop him except maybe Amare but I think the Knicks have more talent all around then the Magic and I think it will show tomorrow, Knicks win. The Jazz are on the road again where we know they are not great, and on top of that they play the Thunder. You all know how much I had already liked the Thunder before they traded for Perk but now that they have him I like them even more, Thunder win and Durrant has a huge night I'll say 35+. The Warriors travel to Houston after getting crushed by the Mav's I have a feeling they are going to come out strong. Houston is a much better team then people think however I think the Warriors will pull off the upset, again this one is a toss up to me, Warriors win. The Raptors v. the Suns and while the Suns had the late game tonight they don't have to travel far to get back home for tomorrows game, and the way Nash is playing I don't see them losing to a team like the Raptors. Although when they want to the Raptors can surprise a lot of people, Suns win. The Spurs are without Duncan as they face the red hot Nuggets who are 10-2 without Melo I believe.  That being said I think the Spurs will be to much for them, but I will go again with another upset here and take the Nuggets, you don't have to agree but I say Nuggets win. The Wizards are on the road again tomorrow where they face the Clippers who are great at home and have been good as of late, Clippers win.

    Non on to my daily spring training updates and stats real quick. Lets start with the Phillies who had Cliff Lee on the mound today for the win over the Blue Jays. Lee went 6 innings gave up 2 runs off 4 hits with 2 walks and 2 K's another great outting by the Phillies rotation. King Felix was on the mound as well today for the Mariners he went 5 innings gave up 2 runs off 3 hits with 0 walks and 5 K's. Felix continues to be the best pitcher in baseball and I expect another great year out of him, the only thing he is lacking is a team behind him. If this guy was on a better team we could possibly see the first 25 game winner in years, maybe the Phillies will pick him up, HAHA could you imagine. Plenty of ace's on the mound today as the Rays ace David Price went up agains the Red Sox and went 6 1/3 innings giving up only 1 run on 5 hits with 2 walks   7 K's. Price who won 20 games last year is one of my favorite pitchers, I am sure he wasn't please when they moved all the Bull pen and all their talent in the off season but now that he sees how serious Manny and Damon are I think the realizes they could contend again this year. On the other side of that game the Red Sox had Lackey out there he went 5 1/3 innings giving up 5 runs off 6 hits on 2 walks and 4 K's also 2 home runs. Not the outting they wanted from him obviously, good thing its still spring, however this was his first loss of the spring.


   Lakers win in OT bringing me to 3-0 on the day and 9-1 on the week, I hope my picks for tomorrows games are on track with the rest of my picks so far this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment