Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What a start to the week

   Man I had a great start to my week picks wise for the NBA tonight with a 10-1 start. I watched both games on ESPN first with the Thunder v. Heat and I knew that everyone was ready to jump on the Heat bandwagon after their 3 game win streak, but like I said it wasn't enough for me to be ready to trust them just yet. I know that with Perk now in the line up for OKC they are so much more dangerous, not just Perk but also Muhammad and Ibaka down low now they clog up the paint very well. I really like the way the Thunder played tonight on the defensive end of the basketball.  Westbrook struggled for most of the game but he always seems to find a way to get his. To me this is the most exciting team in the NBA they are my second favorite team behind my Mav's obviously. These guys are so young and so talented that it is ridiculous the Thunder really have a great core going into the future and I see them dominating the West here in the near future. As far as the Heat go it was the same old thing for them again tonight failing to close out the game in the fourth quarter. I mean it was a close game at the half only cause the Thunder got cold shooting in the last 5 minutes of the first half I believe they only made one shot. Which should have gave Miami momentum going into the half and you'd expect them to come out strong. But that isn't what happened they looked like the old Heat losing it in the second half and to me a huge part of this is cause Bosh got out of the low post, which is where he has been asking for the ball lately and it has obvioulsy been working. Like I had stated awhile back in order for Miami to be any good into the playoffs or against teams like this they need Bosh to be a 20-10 guy at least. Now on to the Mav's game which was the second game in the double header, where the Mav's let themselves get into a hole early. The Warriors started out on fire hitting something like 12 of their first 13 shots and jumping out to an 18 point lead. That didn't worry the Mavericks one bit they were patient and fixed their mistakes buckeled down on defense and got the stops needed to pull out the win. Since this game was on ESPN now everyone got a chance to see what I have been talking about with Roddy B. and what he brings to this Mav's team. He had 18 points 4 dimes 2 boards and 4 steals as well. If they are really getting Butler back for the playoffs then this team really could be headed deep. Dirk started off rough missing 3 out of his first 4 shots, but once he heated up there was no stopping him as he went for 34 points 13 boards 2 dimes and 1 block. The Mav's just have so many weapons I can't even talk about them all but it was a great to see them keep their cool and make that come back.

    Now I'll cover my picks for tomorrows three games real quick here. First up we have the Bulls v. the Nets both teams are hot coming into this game the Nets winners of 5 staight where as the Bulls are winners of 14 of their last 16 games. Also the Bulls playing behind who I think is the sure fire MVP in Rose, I think they come away with the win on the road here over the Nets. Williams has been playing great since the trade there is no doubt about that and we see now how good he really is, lifting this Nets team to places it hasn't been in 4 years, still Bulls win. Next up for tomorrow is The Grizzlies v. the Knicks in New York and the Knicks are coming off another loss to the Pacers so I am looking for them to bounce back strong here and get a win against a quality team. Lets not forget how long it took the Heat to mesh together and they even got to go throught training camp together these guys are doing it in the back half of the season with hardly and practice time together. I know that they have my man Billups and that should be enough for them to get it together just in time for the playoffs, but tomorrow Knicks win. The Cav's are on the road against the Blazers who I am liking more and more as the season goes on. I know they just beat my Mav's but that just makes me respect them that much more. As you all know I am an Aldrige fan especially when he went on that run after he got shafted for the all star game. But now with Roy back and with the addition of Wallace these guys can really make some noise in the playoffs, Blazers win.


    Now for some spring training as I usually do at the end of this post. The Rangers spring stuggles continue, well more their close out pitching is stuggling. C.J. Wilson started the game for the Rangers and went 5 innings giving up 7 hits but only 2 runs on 1 walk and 5 K's, if you ask me he did his job leaving the Rangers up 9-2 before the other 4 pitchers choked the game away and they ended up losing 10-11 to the Rockies. The Rangers big name bats did their jobs as well going 6-15 to go along with 5 RBI's, the loss doesn't worry me as long as the starters play well in the spring thats all you can ask for. The Red Sox had their ace on the mound today Lester agains the Braves ace Hanson. They both started out strong but Hanson finished a bit stronger then Lester did which helped the Braves edge the Sox 5-4. Lester went 4 2/3 innings gave up 8 hits and 3 runs off 2 walks and 4 K's. Hanson on the other hand pitched a gem going 5 innings giving up 2 hits and 1 run off 0 walks and 5 K's that one run was off a home run though. Prado, Jones, and McCann the Braves 3 big bats in this game were dialed in and went 5-10. Carpenter was back on the mound today for the Cardinals, this showing wasn't as good as his first but still good enough for the win. He went 4 innings gave up 6 hits and 3 runs off 1 walk and 0 K's, but that brings him to a perfect 2-0 record for the spring. Pujols who seems to have struggled a little this spring went 1-3 with a grand slam and 5 RBI's. As far as the defending world champs go they too rack up another win, this one over the White Sox. To me it was no surprise they got the W today behind their ace Lincecum who is 3-0 this spring after today where he went 5 1/3 innings gave up 3 hits 1 run off 3 walks and 7 K's I know the walks a tad high but its spring and 7 K's in 5 innings thats pretty good striking out pretty much half the batters you face. That should do it for today I will get back on tomorrow after some of the first tourney games are over and let you know what I think so far. O yeah and GO LOBOS IN THE NIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment