Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ready for another great week

   Sorry I haven't been posting on the weekends, I mean I do but I can only post through text messages so they are short, sweet, and to the point. Also the Mav's have been kinda on a skid lately but I am not worried about them at all. I know they have lost 3 games in their last 5 I believe it is, but all 3 of these losses are to good teams. The Celtics on the other hand have lost 3 of their last 4 and all to teams with sub .500 records, if I was going to get worried about anyone it would be them. If they don't get BOTH O'Neals back for the playoffs then I think they made a huge mistake getting rid of Perk, well it was a huge mistake no matter what. I just don't see them riding a 39 year old Shaq through all the playoffs, I know they have big baby Davis as well but he isn't that low post defender these other guys are especially Perk. With their win tonight the Bulls took control of first place in the east by half a game over the Celtics, and they did it with out Boozer. I think that we really need to start looking at the Bulls as the favorite to come out of the east. I know I missed my picks for tonights games but there wasn't many.

   That little bit about recent NBA stuff now lets get to the picks for tomorrow nights games. First up is the Nuggets v. the Hawks the Nuggets are now 8-2 without Melo, to me the reason for that is that with him there they had to play a slower more offensive type ball which is great for them when you got a guy like Melo. But they have some talented young fast guys that can get out and run and also are egar to learn and improve which means they are willing to buy into what the coach is selling, which in this case was better defense. I think that in the long run the Knicks will come out on top in this deal but the Nuggets will still be a good team and will still make the playoffs for years to come. That being said I think the Hawks have been playing good as of late and are 12-6 in the second game of a back to back and 20-12 at home so as good as the Nuggets have been I am taking the Hawks, especially after Joe Johnson seems to have got his stroke back. The Pacers travel to Boston to take on the Celtics, and I know I just wrote about how the Celtics have been struggling especially against teams under .500 but I think that with the Pacers coming off a game tonight and having to travel and with the comments Doc Rivers made, this one is going to the Celtics even if their big 4 have to play all game and score all the points, Celtics win. The Raptors v. the Pistons and while both teams are coming off rest I still like the Pistons in this one. I know they have been having a lot of drama this year with the players v. the coach but I think that they are still better then the Raptors on a night in night out basis, especially at home, Pistons win. The Suns v. the Hornets now that Okafor is back I think that the Hornets are back to where they should be. Granted this isn't the same CP3 we are used to seeing he seems slower and seems to have been in the shadows of some of the other top PG's this year instead of him being the clear number one like in years past. That being said I still think they get the W agains the Suns, plus the Suns could be without Frye and Nash and they have to have both in there to really be the team we have seen them be this year. Well they possibly could deal without Nash now that they have Brooks but still they need one of them in there, Hornets win. This next one is tough OKC v. Miami now I know that the Heat really impressed a lot of people with that win over the Spurs and they think that the Heat have finally figured out how to play together and now everyone knows their rolls. I am not too sure about this I still need a few more games for me to really believe that. With that being said I think that OKC will shock them tomorrow in a 4th quarter win. I don't think people understand how much better Perk makes the Thunder, to me they were only lacking in the paint especially on defense. Also we have seen what a low post defender coming to a team that isn't known for defense can do. Look at Chandler and the Mav's they aren't just better on defense because he is the only person playing good defense. They are better on defense cause he comes in makes everyone around him better on that end of the court as well, Thunder win. The Magic v. the Bucks the way Howard is playing to me you have to throw his name in there for the MVP race in fact I would say he is a close second to Rose at this point, I mean if it isn't a 25-12-2 Blocks night it is at least a 20-10-2 night which is outstanding. Plus now that he is working on that 15-18 ft shot as well as his free throw shooting everyone better watch out, Magic win Howard has a 30-15-5 night at least. The Bobcats v. the Rockets I have been hearing that the Bobcats coach isn't happy with Boris Diaw's play lately and he is losing playing time for it, that is great news for the Rockets especially if Scola is out again tomorrow night, even if he is I still think the Rockets grab the W. The T-Wolves v. the Jazz I know that Love's double double streak ended last game but I am sure he starts a new one tomorrow night in their loss to the Jazz. I will say his streak was impressive but still 200 games behind the real double double leader in Wilt Chamberlain, sorry but its true. Don't get me wrong I love what he is doing and I hope he keeps it up I am a huge Kevin Love fan I just think he needs more around him for them to win, as I said before Jazz win. The Cav's are on the road to face the Kings, and while both are nothing even close to good, and I know the Cav's are not great on the road I am still going to go with them in this one for some reason, Cav's win. The Mav's v. the Warriors and I know its the Mav's second game in 2 days but I know they want to get back on the winning track I know they will do so against the Warriors. The Warriors have some great players just I think only on one side of the ball, with the Mav's improved defense I look for them to get hot and close out the rest of the season hot. The Sixers travel to L.A. to face the Clippers I know I have been high on the Sixers in the second half I really think they have turned it around. That being said now that the Clippers got Gordon back I think they are a much better team believe it or not, and they are at home tomorrow I have to take the Clippers in an upset win.

    Now for my favorite part of the night thats right spring training updates. When Feliz had said he wanted to remain a close I thought it was cause that day he had a bad outting and wasn't sure of him self, and I believe I said give him one strong outing and he will change his mind. I am not trying to pat myself on the back or anything but man was I right on the money with that one. Feliz had a great outting his last time out and now wants to be a starter for the Rangers, the way they are talking about his cutter its like its just as good as his fastball, not to mention his change up is working great too. I think that if thats the case they have to stretch this kid out and at least see what he has got in the starter roll. This is a potential ace were talking about here, why deny him of that. Sure they might not have a for sure closer with him out of the bull pen but they have Davis who wants a trade and has been great this spring they could get something there, or get someone from the bull pen now such as Ogando to close em out. Last time I was talking about the Red Sox I was saying that they have the line up to win it all I am just suspect on their pitching. They really need Beckett and either Lackey or Matsuzaka to step up and not be 20 game winners but eat up inning and give them at least 13-15 wins. There were rumors of them wanting to trade Matsuzaka with his poor showings last year and so far this spring, well I think he heard that and finally turned it around today. He went 5 innings with 2 hits 1 walk and 5 K's and 0 runs. Granted this was only one outting but the Red Sox need him to be what he was in his home town in order for them to have shot. The pitcher he was facing was also on his game but when is he not, they played the Tigers so I am of course talking about Justin Verlander who went 5 1/3 gave up 2 hits no walks also had 5 K's but one of those hits was a home run. I guess the Rays knew what they were doing signing Manny and Damon, I knew that Manny when healthy was a great add to any team reguardless of what happened last year. I will say I wasn't sold on all the players they let go, they got some good bats in return but their pitching staff took such blow that I think that is where they will struggle this year. Obviously they didn't struggle today in there 11-2 win over the Marlins, in which Manny went 2-2 with a 2 run HR and 3 rbi's, Damon also went 2-2, and Longoria went 2-3 also with 3 rbi's. If they can keep that up all year the Rays will be better then I thought but I still think will be worse then last year. The Giants edged out a win over the D-Backs today, the started Bumgarner who went 4 innings gave up 4 hits walked 2 but struck out 6 but 2 of those hits were home runs both solo shots so he only gave up 2 runs in his outting. I really like the Giants pitching staff I have said this before I think it is the best behind the Phillies but I guess that obvious.

 Tomorrow morning I will talk about the tourney and college basketballs talent drain with this one and done rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment