Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are you serious?

  That was the worst end to a Mavericks game all season! Not only did my team lose a way no pro team should ever lose. I had 11 straight correct picks on ESPN.coms streak for the cash and this would have been my 12th which is only 6 behind the leader. But J-Kidd fouled Jerrett Jack on a 3 point shot to pretty much hand the Hornets the win. Yeah Dirk did miss the game winner but he is 3-5 on game winners so I give him a break. Plus it should have never came down to that. Let them get the bucket take it to OT, if you have to, anything but foul a 3 point shot, and J-Kidd is a vet. I am still really hurt at this whole situtation. Anyways so far today I am 7-3 which is better but I should be 10-0 seriously! The Clippers beat the Celtics which I didn't see coming, and the Mav's loss I don't think anyone saw coming unless your a Hornets fan, reguardless the Mav's should have won. Melo had another 31 point night in a big win over the Grizzlies, Amare had 26 points 6 rebounds and 3dimes 2 steals. They have been really showing up the last 2 games without Billups in the lineup. Speaking of Billups I keep reading he is doing good in practice but then I check his status out before the game and he is out. He is likely to not play tomorrow either. I want Billups in there especially cause he is on my fantasy team but mainly cause I want him Amare and Melo to get used to playing together in time for the playoffs. Tomorrow the Knicks play Dallas though at Dallas and the way the Mav's lost tonight I don't see them losing tomorrow. It looked like the Sixers were going to pull out the W over the Thunder until Kevin Durrant said no sir, and willed his team to a victory, I knew he would bust out of his slump.

   Tomorrow there are not that many games on but the games that are on are good ones. The first one as I already mentioned was New York v. Dallas, and after the way the Mav's lost tonight I don't see them losing again, especially since they have lost 2 time recently. I don't see this as a sign to worry I think that tonight they just lost focus I expect them to be back to their winning ways tomorrow. It would be a great win for them to beat the new look Knicks, especially if Billups is in the lineup, Mav's win. Next is the game I am really looking forward to. The Lakers v. the Heat in Miami, the Heat have not needed a win so badly all year. Now does that mean I think they will get it, not really. The Lakers lost the only time these 2 teams have met this year, but that was when they weren't doing so hot around Christmas time. I fully expect the Lakers to want to make a statement in this game. I know they have won 8 straight and thats a pretty big statement as is, but I know Kobe wants this one really bad. Plus the way the Lakers have been playing lately its going to be tough for anyone in the league to stop them, Lakers win. The new look Nuggets play the Suns for the last game tomorrow. I really like the new Nuggets, they are young fast and can play great team defense as we have seen since the departer of Melo. I know the Suns have been playing great as of late but so have the Nuggets, Nuggets win.

    In the Rangers 9-2 win over the A's today Feliz pitched the last 3 innings of the game, gave up 1 hit walked 2 and struck out 4. I know that since he was pitching the last 3 innings of the game that might be a hint that they will keep him as a closer. But he still pitched 3 innings which is a lot for a close, they are still trying to stretch him into a starter maybe he is just more comfortable for now coming in and not starting. I hope he sees how great he can be as a starter, and really gives it his all to try and make the rotation. Mean while the Phillies number 5 guy made the start today and went 5 innings gave up 2 earned runs on 5 hits, walked 2 and struck out 3 in the Phillies 5-3 win over the Tigers. Buchholz threw for the Red Sox today 4 innings gave up 4 hits no earned runs 3 strike outs and 0 walks in a 2-1 win over the Orioles. One team I am going to keep my eye on this year that is a young team that can be good in the future if they stick together and focus on defense. That team is the Marlins, they did trade Uggla away which gave up some offense but they got Omar Infante in return which is a defensive upgrade. With Josh Johnson leading the rotation and Nunez closing games out for them they need their newest pitching addition Jazy Vazquez to pan out. Like I said they are a young team that has a lot of potential to be great in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment