Sunday, March 20, 2011

I knew it!

    All last week I was sitting there telling myself not to let myself get to attatch to teams in this tourney because this one is as up in the air as any of them have been. I knew that there was not much difference between the top seeds and the bottom but of course I talk myself out of the upsets and into the safe play and what happens...the upsets I do go with get beat and the tops seeds I pick get beat. It was lose lose weekend for me, today being the worst. I was actually doing really well in all my brackets until today, and the killer is I was sitting there on ESPN.com in a contest where you pick the winners round by round instead of the whole bracket at once. As I sat there looking at my picks thinking I have no upsets today I should really change that, Notre Dame hasn't seen defense like FSU I think they might crumble under the pressure, and Marquetter already beat Syracuse once this year maybe I should swich 'em up... BUT of course not! I didn't go with my gut and it really cost me big time, that is all I am going to say on the tournament for now cause today was a bad bad day.


    Now lets get to the NBA and my picks for tomorrow since I have been much better at that then NCAA. The first game up is the Magic v. the Cav's and I don't think this one will take much explaining I am going with D. Howard and the Magic for this one, I just think that Howard will be way to much inside for the Cav's and while the Magic are much worse without him they are still good with him, Magic win. Next the Pacers v. the Nets and without D-Will in the Nets lineup I can't really take them to beat anybody even the Pacers. Don't get me wrong I am not saying the Pacers aren't a good team cause they are getting much better I think they are a younger team and could be even better next year, Pacers win. The Cetlics travel to New York to take on the Knicks and while the Knicks have been struggling of late Melo always seems to play his best in big games like this one. I say the Knicks big 3 out play the Celtics big 4 and come away with a much needed win. Like I said before lets not forget how many games it took the Heat to get there stuff togethere and they had all off season and the first 20 games, the Knicks don't even have hardly any time, but they will get it together before the playoffs I still have faith, Knicks win. The Kings take on the Bulls who are coming off a tough OT loss to the Pacers in which Rose dropped 42 points, plus that one was on the road this one is at home where the Bulls have been great all year. I look for Rose to continue playing like the MVP he is going to be and lead the Bulls to a win at home, Bulls win. The Jazz go on the road to take on the Grizzlies and we know the Jazz aren't the best road team and the Grizzlies have been doing much better then I thought the would without Rudy Gay, all that being said Grizzlies win. The Warriors take on the Spurs after getting beat down by the Mav's now they have to play the Spurs the next night, it doesn't get any harder then that really, Spurs win. The Raptors v. the Nuggets and while the Raptors pulled off the upset tonight over the Thunder this will be their 2nd game of a back-to-back and they play the Nuggets who are red hot despite the loss this weekend, Nuggets win big.

   Now on to some spring training as usual at this part of the post. I have said it plenty of times this spring if the Sox are going to get to the World Series they will need their pitching to step up and it seems Beckett and Matsuzaka have been better, not great but better towards the end of the spring. Matsuzaka especially the last 2 outtings he has had have been much better then the start of the spring. But this is still the spring and still much to early to tell who will be doing what come the end of the season. The biggest story of the spring as far as pitchers and dominating go for me would have to be the Tigers Justin Verlander, who said that coming into spring he was going to treat it like it was already April and it has worked out well for him. He threw again today and was dominant once again going 6 innings giving up 0 runs off 6 hits 1 walk and 7 K's. I am really glad I picked him up for one of my fantasy teams, I really tried to focus on making my teams as balanced as possible. I know that in roto leagues pitching can go along way but still you don't want only pitchers cause they only play once every 5 games. You still need talented position players in order to compete in any fantasy league Roto or heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment