Thursday, February 3, 2011

Again

   Everytime I pick against the Bobcats they always win literally everytime, and I even said that before I picked against them for yesterdays game, and yet again they some how pulled out the W. Maybe they are better then I think, or maybe each game that I have gotten wrong has been a toss up and I just have been that unlucky. I wouldn't say that I am unlucky because I have only gotten 2 picks wrong this week and one of those was an upset, I know its not perfect but its close enough for now. The Mav's had impressive win over the Knicks in MSG winning by 16 and Dirk back to his old self scoring 29 points 1 block 3 dimes and 11 boards, Chandler also kept his offensive up side last night with 15 points and 11 boards, he also had a block as well, they finally got the production out of their bench that has been expected, I am not saying Terry killed it, but he did get double digits and Barea who really did his job with 22 points.

   Tonight there are only three games but two of them should be great games, the two best teams in the West and two of the best teams in the East. The NBA's best record  takes on the two time defending NBA champs in L.A. the Spurs are coming off a tough loss to the Blazers, do in most part to Parkers poor play (if you ask me.) no longer is this a team ran through Duncan and that became clear this year. Stopping Parker or Ginobili is the key to beating this Spurs team, I know its easier said then done and I know that they have a great bench as well, but if you look back on all the games they have lost or almost lost and look who had bad games, you will see I am right. I don't know if the whole Artest wanting out thing will be a good or bad thing but if he wants any team to even think about taking him then I think this would be a great thing for L.A. cause that would mean he would have to pick it up and actually average double digits, and return to the shut down defender he used to be. I dont know if Kobe or Artest will be on Ginobli or what but Fisher will most likely be on Parker and that might be bad news for L.A. with the year Parker is having and how bad he can beat you off the dribble I think he will expose Fisher. I am not sure if that will be enough though especially if Pau continues to play as the Black Swan, Parker might have a tougher time getting points in the paint especially if Bynum is back in the lineup tonight as well. I know the Mav's have two 7 footers also but the Lakers have three and they all play a different style. I really want to see Bynum at 100% I think if he was fully healthy the Lakers wouldn't need to make any moves I think he will be the key to them 3-peating this year. If you ask me because of his injuries I think people massively underrate him I think come playoff time if he is 100% he will surprise a lot of people and turn a lot of heads. But as far as the game tonight goes I think that this game is MUST win for the Lakers and I am hoping that the rest of the team finally gets that and finally starts to play like it. If all that happens tonight I like the Lakers to hand the Spurs their second loss in a row. I am going out on a limb here but I am taking L.A. at home to top the Spurs, Kobe has a decent game 20 something 7 and 7 maybe a few steals, I think his line will look something like that. I hope Parker has a great game and they shut everyone else down, but thats only for my fantasy team haha. Anyways the next great match up on tonights schedule is the Heat v. the Magic, this would be a huge statement win for both teams, all year people have been talking about how the Heat don't play well against +.500 teams tonight would be a chance to add another +.500 team to their resume. The way the Magic have been playing lately I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat won. That being said right after the trade the Magic didn't look great at all and then all the sudden they rip off 9 in a row, I don't think that will happen but I am sure they are sick of losing. I still think the Heat will win the game only because they play much better defense then the Magic do, and lets face it when the big 3 are all out on the floor together they are really hard to beat. The Magic have a great team as well but I just don't think they can match up defensively. So I will take the  Heat tonight in a tough win but needed win for them. The other game tonight is the Bucks v. the Warriors and while the Bucks have had some impressive wins the Warriors have more talent and I think are a better team and they are at home another plus for them I think Wright will have a good game as will the rest of the team and when the games over they will have the W.

No comments:

Post a Comment