Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Check check

   Real fast since I went all crazy with what is wrong with the Heat last night I figure I will put my 2 cents in on the Lakers as well. The biggest thing to me from the last game was the fact that Ron Artest took 11 shots which wouldn't be that bad except for the fact that, that was almost as many shots as Bynum and Gasol had put together, Gasol had 9 Bynum had 6 this to me makes no sense especially against a team like the Bobcats where the Lakers obviously had the size advantage. Also they didn't  really pick Artest up for his offense more cause he is a defensive stopper which is what they desperately need. I would rather Ron take maybe 7 shots but have 3 steals a couple blocks, shutting people down like he did last year holding them to single digits or 15 points at the most. He used to be proud of how good of a defender he was but who knows what is going on out there on planet Ron. Obviously Kobe was sick and that didn't help things, and I say everyday how I think Gasol and Bynum should try and be 20-10 guys so I won't beat a dead horse and keep talking about that. But something I noticed is that this bench is by far the weakest bench the Lakers have had since I can remember. Honestly I am really glad the Mav's got Peja but really the Lakers could have used him as well. We know that they are the weakest beyond the arc that they have been in years, so why in the world take so many outside shots especially when no one has been knocking them down and they have such good big men? I know that Odom is having a good year but has been cold lately and I know he will be better come playoff time but they will need Brown and Fisher AND Blake to all step up and all of them will need to do better then 0-? from beyond the arc. Also I touched on this a little bit in my post yesterday about how they look like the Lakers from the start of the season what I really ment by that was the effort they have put out the last couple nights was not 100% lets just say that....I know this hasn't been a perfect recap of why the Lakers aren't winning but still. I really want Bynum and Gasol to start playing like Dwight Howard or Kevin Love if they did that the Lakers would be unstoppable period end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment