Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Great start

  Finally I start the week off with a decent performance, I know it's not as great as having only 1 wrong pick everyday, but still pretty good. Another trade was made today sending Mike Bibby from the Hawks to the Wizards and Kirk Hinrich to the Hawks there are 3 other players involved but those are the 2 main ones. I know that Hinrich wasn't starting with the Wizards so maybe thats why he wasn't as productive as he was with the Bulls that and he is older. Still obviously the Hawks think he is a better fit then Bibby and due to past and present I would have to agree, of course we still have to see how thing work out. Melo had 27 in his debut at the Garden but he had a poor shooting % so a decent night for him he also had 10 rebounds which is 3 above his season average. The Knicks played a little different style basketball tonight I think mainly cause they haven't practiced together yet. Give them time and they will get to the pick n roll type offense, I doubt we will see a lot of iso with this team, some but not as much as Melo is used to. I think they have a great shot at a first round upset in the playoffs as I mentioned I really love the fact that they also got Billups he will really help the 2 superstars get their shots. I think the biggest adjustment that will have to be made is on the part of Melo now playing with a big man that can score the basketball, which is something he is not used to. I don't know what is going on with Ron Artest but it seems he has realized how lucky he is to be on the Lakers and from now on he better just play his best so they can 3-peat. Tonight with what I believe is his season high with 24 points, to go along with that he also has 2 steals, 4 dimes, and 6 boards. His best game of the season that I can remember so far, lets hope this is a sign of things to come. I know that Bynum hasn't been as big a part of the offense lately, and since I haven't seen either game I can't tell if he is playing great on the other end of the floor. The key is 1. that Pau is playing how he was at the start of the season with 18 points and 14 rebounds the key is the rebounds, also had 4 dimes and a block. 2. is the fact that Kobe has turned it on in the second half especially tonight putting the Lakers on his back like he knows how, dropping 37 points on a good defensive team a team that had won its last 6 games coming into tonight. To go along with his 37 points he also had 3 steals, 6 dimes, and 9 boards almost a triple double. If him and Pau can continue to perform at this level all the Laker will need is 2 roll players to have good games. If they can get Bynum back into at least a 15-10 type night they will be in great shape to hammer this thing out. I was excited to see how the Bulls would be with Noah back and they dropped an SHOULD win gmae to the Raptors, I know it was on the road but if your contending for a title and playing a team as poor as the Raptors, nothing should matter but you have to get that W, especially now at full strenght. It is a slight slip up but I am not worried Noah had plenty of boards but once he gets his shot back they will be in bussiness. Another great outting by Blake Griffin wasted by the Clippers in a loss to the Hornets, in a year where CP3 seems to be under everyones radar, but its only cause he is taking less shots there for not putting up huge scoring number, but still shooting the same % and still dropping plenty of dimes. The more Peja plays for the Mav's the more I love the fact that we picked him up. I said it was a good deal not a great deal but with his production as of late it might have been a great STEAL even. The Mav's had another win tonight with Dirk scoring 23 with 6 other players in double figures. Chandler had a ok night on the offensive end but still had 10 boards and him scoring in the 15-20 range is just a bonus for the Mav's he is there for his defense, obviously he has offensive upside especially with a PG like Kidd who can get him the ball at the rim. Also am glad tha Roddy B. is back he will be a great addition for our post season push, especially if it has to be without Butler.

     There are two games tomorrow so we will get these pick out of the way quickly. The Heat travel to Chicago to take on the Bulls who had a tough loss tonight. I know the Bulls are great at home and are going to want to prove that loss last night was just rust from the All-Star break. They also want to show people they are a team to watch out for in the East it's not just the Heat and the Celtics. With the Bulls now having both Boozer and Noah I think they will surprise the Heat tomorrow and get the W. The Celtics travel to Denver to take on the new Nuggets, the problem for the Nuggets is the Celtics will be to big for them. I am taking the Celtics over the new Nuggets even though I like what the Nuggets got in return for Melo and I really like the upside of Ty Lawson.

    Strasburg of the Nationals who had tommy john surgery last year has started throwing forom 45 feet at spring training which is a good sign of things to come. Will he pitch in 2011 is the big question, I would really hope so, after seeing him in person in college I have become a huge fan and really want to see him succeed like he did at the start of last year. He is great for the game and great for the Nationals who if they had him in the rotation could be a lot better then years past. Especially with the new power in Werth and their last year #1 over all pick Harper. I am excited to see how he fairs this year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment