Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back on track

   I knew all it would take was some focus and double checking and doing what I needed to do to get back to my winning ways. Of course there is still one game going on, the Hornets v. Warriors game. The game I sat there and talked myself out of picking the Warriors to win, even though they are up by 11 at the end of the 3rd quarter so lets hope the Hornets can make a come back even though I knew I should have picked the Warriors. The Heat almost blew a 24 point lead against the Pacers but Wade exploded for 41 points and 12 rebounds. Bosh had I believe 22 and 8 rebounds, LBJ had 27 points the big 3 scored 90 of the Heats 110 points. I still think Bosh will need to start grabbing at LEAST 10 boards a game for them to do any good in the playoffs. The Sixers made a come back on the Grizzlies to make it a game but the Grizzlies held them off for the W.

    On to tomorrows picks the Wizards travel to Orlando to play the Magic. Now I know the Wizards won their first road game during the weekend against the Cav's but they won't make it 2 in a row especially after the Magic are coming off the win against the Lakers. Some may think they will over look the Wizards but I think the way Howard is playing if they can get just someone to have some sort of outside shot they will have this one in the bag. The Heat v. the Raptors in Toronto while the Heat played tonight I still think they have what it takes to beat the Raptors. This is a game the Heat should win and usually they are really good in those games. I hope I did not just jinx them by saying that but I think they are good as long as the big 3 keep playing like they did tonight with a few more boards from Bosh of course. The Nets v. the Celtics at Boston the Celtics are coming off the huge win over the Heat and while they were struggling before that with the injuries I think they will get a spark from their last game and will use it to get a few more W's in a row tomorrow will be 2. The Lakers travel to play the Cav's and while they have not shown up the last 2 games I fully expect them to make another statement against the Cav's. I remember last time they played the Cav's they were having the same problems as they are now and people were saying the same things about them. Lets hope they come out tomorrow and win by 60 lol! The Pacers travel to play the Pistons and after coming offa tough loss tonight to the Heat and then having to travel to play the Pistons at home where the Pistons are pretty good, I am going to have to go with the home team here. The Hawks travel to New York to take on the Knicks, Amare will play tomorrow which will make it harder for the Hawks to win. But that being said I think this would be a good win for the Hawks obviously they got a win after that buzzer beater loss but still I think this is a good statement win for them on the road and I look for them to capitalize on the chance to remind people they are good. The Clippers are still on the road tomorrow they play the T-Wolves and since the Blakers have been letting me down lately and I think Love might give Griffin a little trouble I am going to take the T-Wolves over the Blakers tomorrow. The Kings travel to Dallas to play the Mav's where the Mav's will keep up their winning ways putting that ridiculous buzzer beater loss behind them and starting a brand new win streak that will hopefully soon be at double digits once again. This next game is a tough one the Sixers travel to Houston to play the Rockets but since the Sixers play a hard fought game tonight and have to travel and play a really good Rockets team I am taking the rested Rockets. The Nuggets are on the road to play the Bucks and after that disapointing loss I don't think the Nuggets wanna do that again so I look for Melo and Bilups to have great games in the win over the Bucks. The Warriors travel to Utah to play the Jazz, where the Jazz are not bad. Well compared to what they are on the road which is horrible, anyways both teams played tonight the Warriors had the late game though but still I am taking the Warriors to upset the Jazz tomorrow. The Hornets travel to Portland to take on the Blazers, and the Hornets had the late game tonight have to travel and play a really underrated Blazers team. Also since Aldrige only had 21 points last game he is due to drop like 40-50 points so watch out Hornets.

    Ok so today lets talk about a team I mentioned yesterday but only for a split second can you guess who it is.....I'll give you a hint they are worse off this year then last year.....THATS RIGHT the Tampa Bay Rays! I mean seriously they dumped like half their roster! Lol obviously not literally but just about. All that they lost and what do they do to fix it, get the last two free agents available to them in Thing 1 and Thing 2 a.k.a Man-Ram and Damon. I think they downgraded this year and will be back to the Rays of old. Their fans will finally have a reason to not show up again. Except for when Price is pitching cause then they might have a shot to win the game, but oh wait it doesn't matter if they win all their games they still wouldn't sell tickets! Not only did they lose big position players but pretty much their whole bullpen is gone as well things are not looking to good for the Rays this year. I have been taking some heat for saying that Feliz will make it as a starter, which I never said it was a for sure thing I said IF it happened it'd be great. Also I guess some people think that the A's have a better shot at the AL West then the Rangers, and to them I say YEAH RIGHT! It will be close the A's did get a lot of good pitching but they only got one bat and I just don't know it that will be enough in the AL. Lets talk about the Rangers for a second, I know losing Lee will hurt them and I know Webbs arm ins't what it used to be but who am I to say he can't have a productive year. Also Hurley is a darkhorse to be a great pitcher for them this year like I stated yesterday. Anyways with their new lineup they only need 3 quality starters who can give them quality innings. They don't need to have 4 aces in order to do what they did last year in their division. I am not sure that they would be able to get past the new and improved Red Sox in the ALCS IF either team makes it that far, but if they do the Rangers are my team so I still think they'd pull it off! They made their defense so much better adding Beltre and Napoli who will probably switch from 1B to DH with Moreland and Young. I know that Young doesn't wanna be a full time DH but as the Rangers have said he won't be. It will be more like a super utility/DH meaning he would play most likely everywhere including some out field if I'm not mistaken. This could be a great thing for the Rangers if he sticks around and that's what he ends up doing. Because my biggest concern for the Rangers is what if Hamilton or Cruz goes down again, well if Young stays its not such a concern. The Twins seem to be the favorite in the AL Central I know Morneau still has yet to recover but if he eases into it in the spring things should be fine for him and the Twins this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment