Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ouch!!

   I can't believe I acutally came in here after what just happened to the Mav's!! They freaking had that game and then boom all the sudden they freaking get it taken right out from under them. I seriously can't believe that just happened. Everyone on the Mav's played great, I think they could have gotten Dirk some more shots. Even though he was missing from beyond the arc. I guess he had 10 shots which is a decent amount considering all the players the Mav's play and how many shots they take as well. It really wasn't that big of a deal that Dirk didn't take that many shots everyone else was hot. Obviously Melo and Afflalo killed them in the 4th quarter mostly the last 5 minutes and especially the last shot! But the Mav's still played a pretty good game, it was a game of runs and the Nuggets just happened to get the last run. Anyways I gotta move on or else I'll keep talking about this game forever. Lets move on to a game I got right (even though I still say I should get credit for gettin the Mav's game right LOL JK!) the Lakers game. I knew that there was no way they would come out and lose this game. You can say that the Celtics were hurt, but really they were only without Shaq and Nate Robinson, everyone else they have been out. Kobe came out in the first half and got the big men going, in which time the Lakers were killing the C's in  the paint Bynum and Gasol were playing great. Then the Celtics made a run and Kobe knew he had to turn it on, with only 3 points in the first half 20 came in the second. He wasn't just scoring he was still getting others involved. I know Melo had another huge night but still he isn't what the Lakers need. What they need is for Bynum and Gasol to go 20-10 every night, they need Artest to forget about offense and start being the defensive stopper that he was last year. Fisher needs to stop shooting 30%, I don't care if he only has 10 or so points but he has to start making a few more buckets. I think the Lakers are just getting started on a nice second half run that will have everyone remembering they are the 2 time defending champs. The Lakers did something huge tonight they won the battle on the glass big time, out rebounding the Celtics by 11. If they can keep that up they will be fine in the post season.

   Now on to my picks for tomorrow, which will be as close to perfect as I can get, I am hoping for perfect so we will see how that goes. The T-Wolves play the Pacers and the Pacers have suffered their first loss under their head coach but I don't think they will be losing tomorrow night. The Hornets travel to play the Magic and the Hornets are in a slump while the Magic have turned things around and gotten back to their winning ways. I think Howard is playing out of control as always and I think the Magic have finally gotten their outside shot to start falling which is dangerous for all other teams especially for the Hornets tomorrow, I am taking the Magic. The Spurs continue their road trip in Philly tomorrow where they face the Sixers who are having a great second half just like I thought they would, but I don't see them beating the Spurs Parker hasn't been scoring like crazy but he has been doing a great job scoring when he has to and I think he will have a huge game tomorrow go for at least 25 and 8 (dimes not boards) and 3 steals in the Spurs win over the Sixers. The Blazers at the Raptors and I am not sure but the Blazer might have Brandon Roy back which would be huge for them. Either way I am going with the Blazer Aldrige is on a mission now that he has not been selected as an all star and I look for him to have a huge night in the Blazers win. The Nets travel to play the Bobcats and I have learned my lesson I am never picking against the Bobcats again...well for awhile anyways, so I will take the Bobcats. The Blakers (as everyones been calling them) take on the Cav's tomorrow and while the Blakers are a horrible road team I know that as competitive as Blake Griffin is there is no way he is letting his team be the team that loses to the Cav's, I think he will have a huge night in the Cav's defeat. That of course will set up the most exciting game this year...the Wizards 0-25 on the road and the Cav's 0-27 outta their last 27, something has to give. The Heat travel to play the Pistons, and the way LeBron has been playing I don't see the Pistons having a chance although I think that tomorrow night D-Wade will be the leading scorer for the Heat, just a hunch maybe they will both go for 50 and Bosh for 18 and no one else will score, I am just waiting for a night like this to happen aren't you? The Lakers travel to play the Knicks and I know they played in a tough hard fought game tonight and have to travel, and are kinda old. I still think the Lakers are looking to prove something on this road trip of theirs I have them winning tomorrow in MSG and the Lakers big 3 have a huge night. The Bucks play the Grizzlies in Memphis, the Grizzlies coming off a tough loss to the Lakers, and they are also having a great second half although Gay might be out again I doubt he will be though I expect him to be on the floor in the Grizzlies win tomorrow. The Suns travel to play the Jazz in Utah and they are coming off a game tonight and I know the Jazz are not the team they were the first half but they are still good at home. With all that said I am obviously going with the Jazz to win.

   Now a little baseball new for you, Strasburg started throwing soft toss today. I don't know where you stand on him but seriously this kid is the real deal. I saw him pitch a few years back when SDSU played the Lobos and it was a 1-0 game in which the Lobos lost but still I love me a real baseball game. I was sad to see him go down so early last year not really getting to have a real rookie season. He started off so well that it was a shame to not be able to see how his season turned out. Obviously he wouldn't be as effective cause usually a rookie pitcher looks great the first few starts cause the hitters have never seen him before, once you throw a few times and teams can game plan for you, that's when we see what kind of star you really are. I know that he can succeed (to say the VERY least) at the pro level but I haven't been this excited about a rookie...ever that I can remember, I am young though and haven't been around for many SUPER exciting ones like him. I mean 14 K's in your first big league game I don't care who you are that is impressive! I know he might not make a start till late in the year or maybe not at all but still this kid is the real deal and I can't wait to see what he becomes as a professional. I know he had some trouble in his last few starts but thats only cause the other teams had a plan and he didn't have any run support and had not the best defensive support either. This year would be a little different of course. Also real quick some pitchers come back from Tommy Johns surgery throwing harder then before...could you imagine...105 on a regular basis, I know I couldn't I mean really the kid hits 100 like nothing and watch him get like the best ligament out there and be able to hit 105 like its nothing instead of 100 it would be ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment