Monday, February 21, 2011

Dunk Face

This past weekend there wasn't much sports as far as many games go. But there was the best dunk contest we have seen in awhile, as well as one of the most talented all star cast we have seen since the Jordan era. I know that maybe Blake got a little hometown love in the dunk contest, and  that there were A LOT of great dunks, but I still think Blakes off the backboard arm in the rim dunk was tied for #1. There was a 3 way #1 tie if you ask me, Ibaka's LEGIT freethrow line jump, Mcgee's 2 rim dunk, and Griffins arm in the rim dunk. Had Blake gotten the original 2nd dunk he was trying then he would have been the clear cut winner but he had to settle for a slightly easier dunk, a dunk that was similar to DeRozans first dunk. I had a feeling that Kobe would be Kobe and grad his 4th MVP, mainly because he is one of the only guys left that legit hates to lose like Jordan did. I know guys like LBJ want to win a ring and all but I don't think the younger stars coming up in the game really have that won't lose state of mind. I guess LBJ has it but he just loses so much when it counts, but now that he has D-Wade we will see what happens.

  As far as baseball goes, as I mentioned before the Rangers were going to try and stretch out Rookie of the year Neftali Feliz to a starter. Well as of the last time Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux saw him throw he was really impressed with how good his change up was, he threw to Hamilton, Cruz, and Murphy and fooled at least a one of them with his new and improved change up. He also throws a fastball and slider, Manager Ron Washington was also impressed with what he saw from Feliz. Does this mean he will be a starter for sure, no but it is a good start if that is what he is shooting for, which to me it really seems like he is, why else would have worked so hard on improving his off speed pitches. If the Rangers outfield can stay healthy this year along with their pitching I think they have a great shot at the AL pennant. The have a great 3 headed monster at the 1B/DH position in Moreland, Young, Napoli the Rangers lineup is even more stacked then last year, they also upgraded on the defensive side of the ball, everyone is concerned about their pitching now that they lost Cliff Lee, I think they might be a slightly better team, IF they get a full year out of Webb, and if their returning pitchers can be as good as last year.

  Lobo's first home game tomorrow I'll have everything that happened after the game is over as I will be there and be keeping score.

No comments:

Post a Comment