Monday, February 7, 2011

That's what I get

    After doing so great yesterday it's only right that I do so bad today. I can't say that some of it wasn't my fault. I mean I know the Bobcats play hard every game and I knew the Celtics played last night then had to travel to play the Bobcats, I should have pick the Bobcats. As far as the Hornets losing to the T-Wolves I guess they just had a good game. I am not really surprised the Rockets beat the Nuggets even though Melo went crazy with 50 points. The Nuggets lost Billups to injury I hope it's not serious, but that is a big loss not just cause of points but how he runs the game. The Rockets like I say so much are underrated I did think however without Brooks it would be tough for them to get enough offense for them to beat this Nuggets team especially in Denver, but I guess today just really wasn't my day. Utah actually pulled out the win which is good for me, but the Bulls lose again to a sub par team. I mean the Blazers are good but lets face it they are not great and the Bulls are supposed to be great, and if your going to be great you gotta win these games. I understand it's on the road but still if you wanna be in the same convo as the Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs you gotta win these games. Obviously Aldrige play out of this world for the Blazers this year especially after he found out he wasn't getting picked as an all star he started going off.

   Anyways I just wanted to talk about the SuperBowl real quick. After the Game Trent Dilfer said that after we go back and look at this game and see what Aaron Rodgers did and what his numbers would have been without those drops. Then it will be looked at as one of the greatest SuperBowl performances in history. While I totally agree with that, the problem is that his receivers took that away from him. If they would have caught those balls, and we aren't talking bad throws at all not even close were talking perfect pass hitting them right in the hands or number. If you count those, his numbers looks something like this...30-39 404 yards and 4 TD's and that's on the short side of what his yardage numbers would be. If they would have made those catches then YES it would have been THE best outting in the SuperBowl by a QB no doubt in my mind. Even with the drops it was still one of the greatest of all times, but they almost got it right on Sportscenter when they ranked it behind the Young, Sims, Montana, Aikman, then I think Rodgers then Elway. That might be because I am a Packer fan and that game Elway had was against the Packers. But really I think Rodgers was great and you can't take that away from him. Like I have been saying since before the SuperBowl, this team is young and they are not getting any worse next year. They add the best tightend/Wideout cause Finely does so much in the slot that you have to call him both, and they got Grant coming back and Barnett on the other side of the ball. I know repeating in the NFL is one of the hardest things to do, but I really like the Packers chances for next year as I (Knock on wood!!) have said many times on this blog.

    Anyways lets get on to my NBA picks for tomorrow I promise I will get back to my old self. Philly travels to the ATL to play the Hawks and while Philly is doing a lot better this second half I don't think they are any match up for the Hawks, I look for Joe Johnson to have a huge game tomorrow as well as the rest of the Hawks big 3. I remeber the day when you could say the Big 3 and everyone knew it was the Celtics...now every team that's any team has some version of their big 3. I don't just say Big 3 cause it's easier to type (even though it is easier to type that then their names) I say it because those players are huge time players and earn that right to be called that. So I am taking the home team, incase you haven't noticed I really like the Hawks. The Clippers are on the road to play the Magic and while the Magic and Clippers both are coming off tough loses I am goin to go with the underdog here and I am goin to take th Clippers to pull it out in the Orlando, call me crazy I just think that the Magic are in a slump right now. I am not saying they won't figure it out, who knows maybe they figure it out tomorrow and I will be wrong but I am going with the Clippers. The Pacers play the Heat in Miami and while the Pacers haven't lost a game under their new head coach, there is a first for eveything and for them tomorrow will be their first loss under their new head coach. I don't see anyway the Heat lose unless James has another season low as well as all the other Big 3. Man did I hit that Eddie house thing on the head. I knew as soon as I heard he signed with them that he'd be the perfect fit around those guys, just like he was the perfect fit with the original big 3. The Raptors play the Bucks and while these teams are some what equally matched I am going to go with the Raptors even though they are on the road I just have a feel DeRozan will have a huge game and the Raptors...no scratch that I am taking the Bucks even though DeRozan will have a huge game. The Grizzlies travel to OKC to play the Thunder, and not only are the Thunder a great team the Grizzlies played tonight now they have to travel and take on an elite team I got the Thunder at home. The last game of the night is the T-Wolves at the Rockets and while both of them played tonight and both will travel I am taking the Rockets at home and Scola will have a huge game with 20-10 and 2 blocks or steals.

   Real quick I hear that the Cardinals and Pujols are no where near a deal, isn't there like 12 days till pitchers and catchers report. I think that it will take more then 12 days for them to get close, unless they just wait it out to see if he is serious then once they see he is serious about leaving they will hit him with the full 300 million just watch! I really hope that doesn't happen I hope that they get a deal done in a week something like 7 years for 30 million with and option for maybe 1 or MAAAYYYBBBEE 2 more years. Like they were saying today Holliday is not nearly the same without Pujols in that lineup and really that team as a whole is not nearly the same. They HAVE to sign him and if they don't I don't know where he will go but I am sure that someone will grab him, he is one of the best in the game right now if not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment