Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rivalry Week

    As rivalry week continued tonight I wasn't able to catch both games. I did however catch the second one, North Carolina v. Duke. The first half was all Tar Heels, they were killing Duke on the glass and their bigs were playing much better then Duke's bigs were. The first half belonged to Zeller and Henson, but come the second half Duke finally turned it on. Nolan Smith exploded for 22 points in the second half ending with a career high 34 points to go along with 2 boards 3 dimes and 1 steal. The real story other then Smith was Curry, who had 22 points 6 boards 5 dimes and 1 steal and was clutch in the second half. But the difference maker to me was how Duke won the battle on the offensive glass, I seriously think they got all their 15 offensive rebounds in the second half. The second chance points is what ended up kill the Tar Heels, they were doing great with the glass in the first half but Duke's big guys must have gotted fired up from Smith and Curry. Aanyways it was a great game Duke came back from being down 16 to win.

     While I didn't do horrible with my picks for tonight (6-4) still not doing as well as I should. I think I am offically done picking the Knicks. I know you have heard this before, but after tonights loss I am afraid they are going to have to earn my picks from now on. The Mav's pull off a close one on the road with Dirk only scoring 10, which to me is a great thing. I mean don't get me wrong I am upset that one of my best fantasy players had an off night, but I am just glad the Mav's are starting to find offense else where. I am not saying they can last with Dirk only scoring 10 every night, but it's good to see that they can at least do it. I am glad Terry has finally picked up his play averaging 22 points in his last 3 games and 19 in his last 5. In order for the Mav's to be a contender they will need him to average 20 a night. Obviously with Peja just getting into things and only getting 20 minutes and a few shots a game, still hasn't settled in to his roll here or settled in with this offense but when he does, I hope to get at least 10-15 a game if that's not outlandish of me to request from him. That also depends on his minutes cause with the Mav's you can start but that doesn't mean your playing a lot of minutes. Glad to see Barea averaging almost double in the past 5 games than he has all season. Again if the Mav's are gunna contend they have to have this play from their bench. Could you imagine if Dirk and Chandler were on tonight and Dirk got his 20 and Chandler went for 15-15 like he has been lately. The Kings woulda been crushed.

   Only 3 games tomorrow so I will finally get a chance at being undo for the first time this week. First game tomorrow is a HUGE one, the Lakers v. the Celtics in Boston. I am hoping with these "Trade talks" about Bynum really make him play better. We all know there is no way the Lakers are dealing him to the Nuggets but he still has to be mad that it was such a big story and people actually thought it would go down. I look for him to have a statement game where he says look what I can do for you against these guys in the Finals. That being said I am taking the Lakers to do what they have not yet done all season, and  that's beat one of the NBA's best. They haven't beat the Mav's, Spurs, Celtics, or the Heat. They did however beat the Thunder who is a team that took the Lakers to 7 games last year in the playoffs. Still I have them playing like a new team these last few months (fingers crossed) and shutting everyone up. The Warriors travel to play the Suns and the Warriors are coming off a tough game on the road against the Nuggets, a game that they won still I think they might be a little tired on the road tonight and having to play on the road again tomorrow against a rested and some what underrated Suns team, I am taking the home team here, as much as I like the Warriors. The Mav's travel to Denver to play the Nuggets, and like I said Dirk and Chandler both had down nights tonight, so I look for them to show up big tomorrow against the Nuggets. Also I thing Terry and Barea will continue to play well and I look for Peja to get a little more involved. One thing that would be great for the Mav's is for J-Kidd to start playing like Nash. that might happen Kidd has it in him I think he might be saving it for the playoff I just have this feeling deep down in me that we will see him go crazy in the post season (again figures crossed) while the Mav's get red hot.

    Really quick just wanted to talk a little MVP race for the NBA. I know its only half way through the season but I had to get a few things off my chest. One I know that LeBron is having a great year, and why shouldn't he look who is surrounded by. If you think that doesn't mean anything then you obviously must not know a lot. LeBron might honestly not even be the best player on the floor for his team. Wade has been just as productive with LBJ at his side as LBJ has been with him. So to me you can't make a case for LeBron and leave D-Wade out of it. That being said there is no way to me a guy with that much talent around him could win the MVP. I know they have to be on a winning team, and Rose is on a winning team and carrying his team when his guys are hurt. I know they have dropped some easy ones the past week. Still that shouldn't take away from what Rose has done. Working to get that jump shot as well as shutting people up saying that he doesn't distribute the rock enough with career high in dimes this season if I am not mistaken. I think he has done so much more with way less. He may not have the numbers LeBron does, but if you put him with Wade and Bosh and I bet he gets number close to LeBrons if not the same. I also love what Kevin Durrant has done to the Thunder he makes them a contender just by himself, obviously Westbrook is huge for them also. Also I keep hearing this look at the Cav's without LeBron...the problem is they aren't just down LeBron, they are also missing Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, so not just their best player from last year but their 3 best players from last year. So it's not all because of LeBron leaving they have injury problems as well. Sorry just had to get that off my chest, also if Dirk comes back around to his 24-26 ppg then he has to be considers as well, HAS TO BE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment