Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And on it goes

   Maybe since I did such a good job making picks last week, this week I have to do opposite to make everything even. I know I shouldn't have picked the Clippers on the road against a good Magic team but they had been struggling as of late. I knew they would turn it around lets just see how they do against a +.500 team, even their game tomorrow will be a big test. I was really disapointed in the Hawks tonight, I was way off on Joe Johnson I was hoping for a huge game but he had one of his worst all year with only 6 points, in their 34 point loss AT HOME to the Sixers. That last sentence was all truth. The Heat finally figured out how to win close games and how to come back late in the 4th quarter. Obviously the Pacers not the best team in the league but still not the worst by any means. LeBron went crazy tonight almost getting a triple double 41 points 13 boards 8 dimes 3 steals and 1 block what a line for one night Chalmers showed up tonight as well as Miller and Jones when they needed to, House wasn't played as much tonight due to the size factor of the Pacers. It seems the Heat bench has finally figured things out, all they need to do is hit the shots whenever they get their looks cause they will get plenty of open looks. I still don't think the Heat have the size to win a championship I thought LeBron learned that lesson with the Cav's but I guess he thinks Bosh is a good enough big man which we all know to be false cause he isn't that guy you feed in the paint he is more of a stretch the floor kinda big guy.

   Another day another team interested in Melo, today is the most interesting one of them all the Lakers. To me it makes not much sense why they would want to get rid of Bynum to add Melo. Don't get me wrong I know anytime you have a shot at getting a guy like Melo you take it. But for the Lakers I don't think he is a good fit IF they take away Bynum, cause they keep talking about how they need to play defense. By taking away Bynum you take away a lot of your defense and plus Melo hasn't played in that style of offense, I am not saying he can't cause obviously he can but there aren't many games left and I just don't see it being the greatest trade for the Lakers. Maybe Artest, Fisher and one more player and maybe get another team involved but not Bynum. No one has seen what Bynum can do I know you might think he is fragile but we don't know that yet. He is only 23 and because of injuries he hasn't played many games I would wait to see him healthy for a whole year then trade him away and regret it after Kobe is gone. I know Melo would possibly be there but still.

  Now lets hope I get better with my picks for tomorrow...The Pistons travel to Cleveland to play the Cav's and while the Cav's have been playing much better and the Pistons aren't a great road team I still don't think that they will lose to the Cav's. I think the one chance the Cav's have at a win is when they play the Wizards later this week. I am not saying it for sure won't happen tomorrow, but I am picking the Pistons. The Bobcats play the Pacers, even though the Pacers had a tough loss in Miami tonight, they have to travel back home and play the Bobcats tomorrow. The Bobcats are coming off a days rest I know they have to travel but I am still going with the team who has the fresh legs, I got the Bobcats over the Pacers. The Hornets at the Nets and while the Hornets are in one of their slumps for the season I think they still come away with a win tomorrow on the road. The Magic travel to Philly to play the Sixers and both are coming off games tonight but I think the Magic are back to their winning ways and tomorrow will hopefully prove that. I am taking the Magic to beat a good Sixers team. I think that as long as they get a good night from their perimeter guys then they will have a good shot at winning every night the way Dwight Howard has been playing. The Bucks travel to Washington to play the Wizards and the Bucks played tonight and it to was on the road. Also the Wizards are a decent team at home I will take the home team with the fresh legs. The Spurs travel to Toronto to play the Raptors and I know the Spurs played tonight and were on the road but the Raptors also played tonight so their legs are not fresh either. All that being said I am taking the Spurs to win on the road and improve to 4-1 on their rodeo road trip. The Clippers travel to New York to take on the Knicks and they aren't a great road team and they played tonight so I am taking the Knicks (even though we all know what happens when I pick the Knicks) I am hoping that Amare has a huge game and the Clippers need big games from Griffin and Davis if they want a chance at a W. Still without Gordon and on the road I don't think the Clippers can pull it off. The Bulls travel to Utah to play the Jazz and while the Jazz have Williams back and are pretty good at home, the Bulls are coming off some tough loses and I know they want to get back to winning. Tomorrow they play a +.500 team, not one of the best but still a very good win if they pull it off which I think they will. I still can't wait for Noah to get back for the Bulls. Just think Rose, Deng, Noah, and Boozer as well as Korver and who ever else they will throw out there. That sounds like a team that can make a strong run at the title. The Mav's travel to play the Kings, even though the game with the Cav's was close I think it was more that the Cav's were play as if it were the NBA finals and the Mav's maybe did take it a little easy, but the way Chandler and Dirk have been playing really its hard to pick against this team. Now if Terry can start to drop 20 a night and really be that second guy to step up with Butler gone then were really talking. Or if Peja can explode onto the scene that'd be great also, but I am taking the Mav's obviously. The Nuggets play the Warriors on the Warriors home floor, since the Nuggets are coming off a loss in which they lose Billups part way through the game, seeing as how he should be back tomorrow night I am taking the Nuggets. If Billups is out then the Warriors have a good shot at this one, still I am taking the Nuggets. 

   Real quick just wanted to talk some more college hoops, tomorrow I will be giving a recap of both games the Duke game as well as the Syracuse game. There are plenty of great games tomorrow as far as college basketball goes. I really am looking forward to the Duke North Carolina game, I really wanna see what the Tar heels John Henson does tomorrow. I know that Plumlee is bigger as far as size goes, but to me Henson plays a little more gritty and tough then Plumlee does. I have seen Plumlee get tough and the one game that happened Duke looked like no one could beat them. If he could only play like that night in and night out. I mean he is more on and off then Ron and Sam on Jersey shore. If this were not at Duke I would pick North Carolina to pull the upset, who knows they still might.

   Really quick hockey note...in a year where early on it looked like all Pen's to start the year injuries have really set them back with their two best players out, Malkin for the rest of the year and who knows how much longer Sid the Kid will be out I am hoping not much longer. I have been watching a lot more hockey on Versus the past few weeks. I know the Rangers aren't the best team but they can score in a hurry and in bunches I really think they are better then their record shows. I know it seems that every team can score in a hurry and in bunches this year. The Canucks have the best record in the NHL but we all know how that pans out in the playoffs. Well maybe not for them but we see how year after year the Sharks are amazing all season then choke hard in the post season. I am excited for the rest of the season now that I have finally some what gotten into it.

  I was really impressed with Kentucky tonight finally getting it together and coming away with a huge win at home against Tennessee. Tennessee a really good team and they got their coach back tonight which I thought would have made a huge difference and I thought gave them a huge chacen to pull the upset. Obviously Kentucky had other plans. The really big difference maker tonight was obviously the boards, Tennessee got killed on the glass, getting out rebounded by 10 all together and 5 on the offensive end. With a team like Kentucky you can't give them that many second chances, you need to drive the ball to the lane try and get them in foul trouble, cause they are so thin with only really 6 people that play. We have seen when that happens it's tough for them to get points from people on their bench other then their 6th man. There is other ways but obviously that would be the most obvious. I didn't catch this Purdue game and I know tonight Johnson didn't have an outstanding game but the more I watch him the more I like him. I know he isn't anywhere close to as good as who I am about to name, but he reminds me of Kevin Durrant just his body style and his offense and work ethic he could be a great talent in the NBA. I am not saying he is the next Durrant cause I don't know if he has the pure talent that Durrant has, I know Johnson was working hard last summer on his game and adding things to it which is something only great players do and I look for him to do big things at the next level. Him and Moore are like Durrant and Westbrook.

No comments:

Post a Comment