Thursday, February 3, 2011

Packed

   Not that I don't think that the Packers are the hottest team right now, and not that I don't think Aaron Rodgers isn't the hottest quarterback right now, but I would just like to say that as a Packer fan seeing what we did this year with the team we had it really has me excited for next year. I know that there might not be a next year and speaking of that on Around the Horn they were saying that to the fan that the lock out is not a big deal, and I guess I am not really speaking for anyone but me, but I think it is a huge deal and it is no doubt a black cloud over the SuperBowl. I think that it is for sure taking away from the game, we really do just want them to get a deal done no matter what it takes. No matter what happens both sides will be making millions and there is no way they are gunna wanna not make millions next year, so in the back of my mind I have some confidence that they will get it done before next year. Not saying it will be done right away but still the sooner the better. Now back to what I was saying earlier, the Packers offense was so deadly this year and you can honestly say it was without its two biggest threats besides Aaron Rodger, Finely is possibly the best offense player they have and a 1,000 yard rusher with a pass attack as deadly as the Packers is border line unfair! I have complete faith in the Pack this year, but I can't wait to see what kind of number they put up next year, if they all can stay healthy. Speaking of staying healthy if the defense was healthy just think of how much better we could of been, I swear I just want it to be next season so I can see how everything works out, it really looks like the Pack are set up to contend for years to come. Now that they have a Smash 'n' Dash in the back field with Starks and Grant I can't wait till next year.

    I am just glad that pitchers and catchers report this month I am so excited for this season. The Rangers look just as good as last year they do have questions in the pitching department but we will see how that goes in spring training. The start of this baseball season to me is more exciting then the start of this years NBA season. You have the Phillies unstoppable pitching staff, they have a little less power and defense but not much. Put it this way not to the point that it will matter with the starting rotation they have. Really not much else matters as long as you can squeeze like 2 runs out a game. I am also excited to see how legit the Sox are this year if they can all play together. Things are looking up for them at the plate and in the field. I think their pitching staff is obviously healthier now and I think will be better then last year. Even some smaller market  teams have made decent deals this off season, and if the Cardinals don't sign Pujols that will be crazy to see where he goes if anyone else gets him this year will be  out of hand. I am just so excited that I finally can stand to watch baseball again I will admitt I stop for a few years there in the steroid era. I am all about small ball and real baseball, home runs are great and all but serious when you see a guy break his bat check swinging on a pitch and he hits a home run...that's when you know it's time to stop watching. But last year was great and I expect this year to be ten times better I can't wait and stay tuned for local news on the Lobo's and Isotopes baseball, once they start to have home games that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment