Monday, February 28, 2011

nothing but W's this week

   Thats right I am trying it again, picking perfect for NBA or anything else I pick this week. I am hoping to start out with a perfect day tomorrow with a lot of games in the NBA I know it won't be easy but thats fine with me. First I wanted to say that I knew that Lakers would turn it on in the second hald I didn't think however that Ron Artest would turn around so quickly, someone must have sat him down and let him know whats up. I am glad to see the Lakers doing so good, but the team I really wanna see now is the NEW Thunder with Perk in their lineup. I know he is hurt right now, but all the Thunder were missing really was a low post player that was defensive minded, and now they have one of the best low post defenders in the game today.

  Anyways lets get to my picks for tomorrows games. First game is the Warriors v. the Pacers, I know the Warriors are coming off a tough loss to the T-Wolves but I think the Pacers a better team, I know that the Warriors have had some guys playing good this season but I think the Pacers are much better off under their new head coach and they are at home so I will take the Pacers tomorrow. The Knicks will go on the road to play the Magic and this will be another test for them. The Magic usually play good defense and the Knicks will have a hard  time stopping Dwight Howard thats for sure. But with that said I think the Knicks are gunna play just as good as they did last night and I think that Dwight won't be enough the Magic need a number 2 scorer and they don't have one and  that will hurt them against the Knicks, I'll take the Knicks over the Magic. The Mav's v. the Sixers is the next game up and while the Sixers are having a great 2nd half I still think that the Mav's are playing as good as anyone right now. Especially with what Peja and Roddy B. have added to them, Peja has found his spot in the offense and Roddy B. is a great GREAT young talent and given the chance I think will turn a lot of heads, I will obviously take the Mav's even though they are on the road. The Hornets travel to play the Raptors, while CP3 is coming off a poor game shooting wise I believe Okafor is back so I am taking the Hornets over the Raptors. The Pistons play the Bucks, this is a tough one but with all the problesm the Pistons are having its tough to pick them...but they are playing the Bucks so I am not sure on this one...I will go with the home team Bucks for what I am calling an upset. The Lakers v. the T-Wolves, if the Lakers are playing like this the rest of the second half I really don't see them losing many games. All year long I have been waiting for this Laker team and here they are, I am taking the Lakers to win but Kevin Love has a 20-15 night or something around there. The Spurs v. the Grizzlies both missing what most would say is their best player, Parker for the Spurs and Gay for the Grizzlies, the thing is the Spurs are much deeper so I will take them over the Grizzlies, even though the Grizzlies were doing great before losing Gay. The Rockets travel to Portland to take on the Trailblazers, as much as I like the Rockets as darkhorse they lost Brooks, and the Blazers added Wallace I think the Blazers are gunna surpise a lot of people come post season, I will take them to win at home tomorrow.

    Just wanted to touch on NCAA hoops real quick. With 3 impressive wins in their past 3 games I would expect K-State to climb back into the AP top 25 especially after tonights win over Texas in Texas. That is 2 straight loses for Texas, who was #5 just before the loss to Colorado. I am not saying Texas isn't as good as we have been saying they are, cause they are very good. But K-State was lights out tonight shooting 50% from the field compared to Texas's 33. Whenever you are 17% better shooting then your opposition its a strong chance you'll get the W. K-State has won 7 of their last 8 and 3 of them against top 25 teams 2 of them against top 10. I wasn't sure about K-State at the start of the year and they still have some puzzling losses but with their recent victories I don't see how you can keep them out of the top 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment