Thursday, February 17, 2011

No More Ping

   First I will talk quickly on the two games tonight, the first game I of course got wrong. The Spurs lost to the Bulls in Chicago where the Bulls are really good. I thought that Parker would be able to stick with Rose which was foolish of me. Rose has been lights out this year and he continued to be just that tonight dropping 42 on the Spurs. Parker had a good night but when a team as good as the Bulls has someone drop 42 on you then your chances of winning are slim. Also the Bulls play great defense and I think the Spurs had a little trouble with that tonight. As for the Mavericks game goes, I couldn't have been happier, the Mav's won and Dirk had a killer night with 35 points 1 rebound 4 dimes and 1 steal. Peja also in double figures for the 3rd game in a row, he is going to be huge in their playoff run. Chandler had another 12-12 night I love the addition of Tyson Chandler and I love his production all year, maybe started a little slow in the first half but lately has been just awesome for the Mav's. Also another return I am super pumped about is that of Roddy B. last night he had a better game but tonight you could see how explosive he can be and what he brings to the table. If we need another scorer I have the feeling if given the shots he could be that guy. But then again so could Stevenson, Terry. Marion, anyone pretty much on the  Mav's could carry them in scoring given the shots and minutes. I know some people say once you get into the playoffs its more of an 8 man roster instead of 10 but I don't see how the Mav's depth could possibly be anything but good come post season time, especially if Butler somehow makes it back. I know that Roddy B. only had 9 points tonight but if you watched the game you know what I am talking about. I am excited to see what this Mav's team can do in the post season as I said yesterday this team to me is the team that will get it done in the post season. A reason I like to talk about the Mav's and their chances isn't cause they are my favorite team, which they are, but its cause they get no love from no one. I hear people give the Heat mad love but say they aren't gunna make the finals and they mention the Heat as one of the best teams in the NBA along with the Lakers which they are but no one ever says the Mav's and at this point you HAVE to put them up there with the Heat and Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, and Bulls. I am also really excited about this Bulls team, they just beat the Spurs without Noah, he comes back next week and I can't wait to see what the Bulls look like with Boozer, Noah, and Rose.


    Ok I have been talking a lot of baseball lately, and I will continue that right here with this section. Only today I am going to talk college baseabll. This year they have a new bat that has A LOT less pop and will reduce power numbers DRASTICALLY. To me this is a great thing, to long has the college game been about the home run, and too long have the numbers been ridiculous, I am glad I won't see anymore 32-20 scores from now on. Also this makes it actual baseball, some may call it small ball, but I love a good pitchers duel and I am pretty sure if your a baseball fan you do too, especially cause I know most of you reading and if you like baseball chances are you were on my baseball team at one point. Anyways these new bats have to be an advantage for our Lobos, who have lost most of their big bats from the previous years. This year we are a young club picked to finishes 4th in the mountain west. I know that we lost a lot of key guys like Brian Cavazos-Galvez, Courcha, Gonzalez, Honeycutt, Neda...The list goes on and on, I know we are going to be a younger and less power driven team but I still think we can compete in the MWC, they have a lot of young talented pitching coming in from Cali. and Texas as well as local. I have high hopes for our Lobo baseball team as I do every year. A lot more on Lobo baseball as I go to every home game that I can, I'll try and talk to the players this year and get as much inside info as I can. I will be keeping score at the games so I can give you stat updates to the fullest, if anyone is interested in helping out with the get at me on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment