Monday, February 14, 2011

I feel the same way Mr. Jackson

   Like the Lakers I too am embarrassed by my performance tonight. You will be happy to know that I figured out why I haven't been doing so great lately, I have just stopped really looking into the games like I was before. I think it was cause my weekend was kinda hectic and I haven't really had as much time as I did last week and the weeks before. That is all changing right now, cause tonights picks are going to be gold Jerry gold, gotta love Seinfeld lol! I am kind of upset at myself for picking the Lakers last night knowing for one how bad they have been recently against the Bobcats, and knowing that the Bobcats for sure had the fresh legs all signs pointed to a Bobcats victory. Also the way the Lakers played against the Magic was like they were playing back at the start of the season. Granted Bynum and Gasol had OK games the past two days but they still are not playing as hmmm lets say cutthroat as I would like them to. Also another game I am upset about is the Nuggets v. Rockets game cause again the Rockets had the fresher legs and also home court, not to mention how I keep saying they are really underrated. Then I go and pick against them. I only based my pick on the way Melo and Billups had been playing, but that was before I found out the Melo was "Taking my hat off to myself" about how he has been playing while all these distraction surrounding him. After saying something like that of course your not going to have a good night, especially when just like everyone was saying he is the reason for the distraction, he could say he is staying or say he is leaving and then it all would end for the most part. I knew that Aldrige would not lose to Kevin Love especially after he took his last chance to be an all star. I know that Aldrige had a quiet night tonight only scoring 21 points but still his team won.

    Lets get to my picks for tomorrow so I can move on to baseball, and just cause I wanna move on doesn't mean I will not take my time with my picks tonight. The Heat travel to play the Pacers, and while the Heat seem to be on one of their down times I still think that tomorrow they come away with a win. I think that the Heat just like the Lakers were playing like they were at the start of the season. Obviously had a strong first half but then lost in the second half mainly the 4th quarter. First off I know LBJ missed one free throw that would have tied the game but lets calm down here guys he is 21-22 in 4th quarter free throws this season, I know he missed what could have been the biggest one of the year so far, but it did not by any means lose them the game. We knew coming into the season or at least most people knew the Heat didn't have the experience nor did they have the size to win a championship this year. The size factor is huge when playing a team like Boston, against the Magic however not as much cause they only have literally one true big man. That being said Bosh had a line in the Celtics game that I wish he had all year, I am referring to a 20-10 with a couple blocks or steals. He will have to put up those kinds of numbers in the post season for them to even have a shot. One more thing if LBJ or D-Wade isn't taking the last shot then you better be sure the guy who is taking the last shot is Eddie House cause apparently no one else can make the buzzer beaters. I really think the D-Wade should be THE guy taking the last shot for the Heat especially when LBJ is being doubled. There is a few exceptions obviously if someone else is wide open, or is LBJ is having one of those nights where everything is dropping those would be my only two exceptions for D-Wade not taking the last shot. Ok ALLLL that being said I am taking the Heat sorry I went off on a crazy tangent there really getting into the Heats LAST game instead of focusing on the one they have tomorrow. All that being said tomorrows game will be much easier and the Heat will get back to their winning ways. The Bobcats travel to Chicago to play the Bulls and since the Bobcats played tonight and have to travel and face a much better team, I am taking the Bulls to win at home where they are great. The Kings travel to OKC to play the Thunder who are coming off a tough loss to the Warriors. I think that the Thunder will bounce back with a win here, they are at home and this is a game they should win. They are a team that you can USUALLY count on to win these type of games especially at home. Kevin Durrant just gets better and better and if that Thunder core stays together I can't wait to see what they become in the next few years. The Sixers travel to Memphis to play the Grizzlies and I know that the Sixers have been having a huge second half, just like I thought they would, although I must admit I did not think it would be THIS good of a second half only dropping 3 of their last 12 games. All that being said though I am sure you all know by now how much I like the Grizzlies especially when they are on their home court where they are great, so I will go with the Grizzlies to pull it off against the Sixers. The Jazz travel to play the Suns, maybe with a new coach the Jazz will be like the Pacers and just go on a winning tear, although I don't see it starting on the road the way they have been playing on the road this season. I am taking the Suns to get a big win at home against the Jazz who just lost their coach of 23 years, I don't thin replacing him will be as easy as it was for the Pacers to replace their head coach. The Hornets travel to play the Warriors who are coming off a big home win against the Thunder. I know that the Hornets just beat the Magic and should win this game tomorrow night but for some reason something inside me is saying Warriors pick the Warriors I am having a hard time taking the Warriors though especially if the Hornets play like they did their last game, yeah I am going with the Hornets.

    Ok let us talk a little baseball since spring training is officially underway with pitchers and catchers reporting. I know I have been raving about the Phillies rotation all off season and how I can't wait to see what they can do. This is true but there are some other teams who still or now have some pretty legit rotations as well. Lets take the Cubs for example, I know Zambrano was a little shaky at the start of last season, but they way he finished was amazing I believe it was 5-2 with an era under 2 if I am not mistaken which I am pretty sure I'm not. Also they added Matt Garza who won 15 games in the AL last year and who I think will thrive in the NL and could win anywhere from 15-20 games this year (knock on wood!). Speaking of Wood and moving from the AL to the NL, the Cubs also addes Kerry Wood who is now a set up man but a good on at that. I think he will only get better with the move from AL to NL and will really help the Cubs in the middle innings before turning the game over to Carlos Marmol who was lights out last year. I think those two pick ups are huge for them this year, I am not saying it makes them number 1 in the NL by any means I am just saying they did a good job adding to their pitching staff. Obviously another team who kinda flew under the radar until baseball tonight came on TV and called them the Giants of 2011, I am talking about the Oakland A's of course. They added some new pitching as well as a decent power batt, they are young fresh and good to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see the A's do well but I still see the Rangers winning the AL West. Speaking of the Rangers, I know that they lost Cliff Lee and that is a huge loss to their somewhat suspect starting rotation. If you ask me though I think that last year was just the start of what this rotation will become. They still have Hunter, Wilson, and Lewis at the top they added Webb who I am hoping bounces back nicely off an injuries last year in Arizona. The Rangers are also going to see how rookie of the year Neftali Feliz will fair as a starter, if he improved enough on his off speed pitches it would be ludacris to not give him a shot somewhere in that starting lineup after what happened to C.J. Wilson last year. With him out of the Bullpen who will close games you ask, well if you follow the Rangers you know they picked up Arthur Rhodes who most likely will be a set up man. With all the depth the Rangers have at the pitcher position finding a closer won't be that tough there are a few good candidates for the job. Well that will be all for today tomorrow I will cover more in depth instead of just talking pitching, also will talk different teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment