Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Traders

   All the Melo drama is finally over, the Knicks finally got the 2nd piece to their three piece puzzle. The first piece was supposed to be LeBron James, but that didn't happen so they wen't and got the next best thing in Amare. Now I know they shipped a lot of their young talent to Denver in exchange for Melo, i.e. Gallinari, Felton, Mozgoz, and Chandler, that is what the Nuggets got from the Knicks along with 1 first round draft pick and 2 second round draft picks, the T-Wolves got Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and $3 Million cash, the Knicks got Melo, Billups, Sheldon Williams, Anthony Carter, Renaldo Balkman, and Corey Brewer. To me the Knicks came out on top big time, not only did they land Melo and upgrade there, but to me they upgraded at the PG position too. I know that Felton looked great this year for the Knicks but I think that was more the system then it was his talent, plus Billups have played in 8 conference finals has a finals MVP and a championship ring, as well as a gold medal. He is 34 and getting old but he won't be there for long, I'm think the end of this year MAYBE next year. But the Knicks are not really worried about if he stays or goes. They made this move for the future so they would have a shot at landing either CP3, Dwight Howard, or Deron Williams. Well so much for D-Williams as he signed with the Nets this morning, why he went from bad to worse is beyond me. The rumor is that CP3 is the one the Knicks want and the Knicks is what CP3 wants, or at least thats what they three of them toasted to at a wedding they were all (meaning Melo, Amare, and CP3) at this summer. I know that back in the day Jordan wouldn't have called up Magic, but still every team that has won it has had at least 2 superstars. Also some people say that this is bad for the league cause now it makes it top heavy and only a certain number or teams will be able to actually compete. To me the league has always been like that though, you always know the 4-6 teams that will have a legit shot at the title maybe a few more give or take. To me this trade is great for the Knicks it couldn't have been better, with the big 3 in Miami they were the sure power house in the East in years to come along with the Bulls, and Magic if they don't lose Howard. Now the Knicks have climbed right up there with them, I believe they can even compete this year with their big 3 they have now in Billups, Amare, and Melo mainly because they have one thing the Heat don't have and thats a great PG. I am not saying they win it all this year but they might just sneak out of the first round, although probably not cause they would most likely play the Bulls, and I think the Bulls are the darkhorse of this offseason. If the Knicks really wanted to have a big three I say they draft a PG and go for Howard but then you risk having a horrible point, but now you at least play some defense.

   Anyways yesterday I wasn't able to get on to make my picks so here are my picks for tonights games. The Rockets travel to play the Cav's tonight, while the Rockets played last night I still think they will come out on top over the Cav's. I know the Cav's beat the Lakers before the break but this Rockets team is solid and usually wins the games they should, even though they are on less rest I am taking the Rockets on the road. The Pistons play the Pacers tonight and while both teams played last night I think the Pacers are better team now under their new head coach I believe they only have one loss, and I think that trend continues and they win tonight at home. The locally owned Kings travel to Orlando to play the Magic, and the Kings played last night and the Magic are just a better team so I am taking the home team in this one also. The Wizards travel to play the Sixers, who are having a great second half. We all know the Wizards aren't the same team on the road as they are at home, also they played last night as well so I will go with the Sixers. The Thunder travel to San Antonio to play the league leading Spurs. This is a tough one for me, the Thunder played last night so I have to give the edge to the Spurs but something inside me is telling me to pick the Thunder but I don't see the Spurs losing back-to-back games, so I will once again go with the home team, but this one could go either way. The Bulls travel to Canada to play the Raptors who had a game last night while the Bulls got to rest. That being said I am taking the road team especially because the Bulls will finally be a full strength tonight with Noah in the lineup I can't wait to see the new healthy Bulls. The Bucks travel to New York to take on the new and improved Knicks, now I know that I said the Knicks have to earn my picks from now on cause everytime I would pick them they would let me donw. I have a feeling things have changed so I am taking the new Knicks to roll over the Bucks. The Grizzlies travel to play the T-Wolves, and without Rudy Gay who injured his shoulder and is out for 4 weeks possibly the whole season if the Grizzlies are out of the playoffs by the time he comes back. For those of you who don't read often Gay is on my fantasy team and is a key player on it in fact. Well last night I had to drop him from my team reading that the chances of him coming back this season are slim, where am I goin with this you ask? Well from now on I am picking against the Grizzlies every game no matter what cause I don't want Rudy Gay to come back cause if he does he won't be on my team for the playoffs and I'll be very mad to keep it rated PG. So I take the T-Wolves over the Grizzlies tonight (although if your betting on this game or something I would take the Grizzlies). The Jazz travel to Dallas to play the Mavericks and now they are without Williams but with youth and a little more size I will STILL take the Mav's over them especially cause everyone has seen the Jazz on the road this year, plus the Mav's are looking to make a second half push to TRY and catch the Spurs, if they continue to play the way they are now I think that catching the Spurs is possible. The Hawks are on the road to play the Suns and while the Suns have the fresher legs and are at home I think the Hawks will pull this one off. Last night was an off night for ATL, tonight they will be more focused and come away with the win. The Clippers v. the Hornets, and while the Clippers were impressive I think they are still without their leading scorer so it will be tough for them to get a W against a team like the Hornets. I will take the home team but must see B.G. will have a great night again. I think that once Blake Griffin rounds out his game and gets a jumper and better defense he will be at least a top 10 player in the league, I can't wait to see where this kids work ethic and talent take him. The Lakers travel to Portland to play the Blazers, to me this is a great game for the Lakers to make a statement hey were not the same team as before the break we are now serious and dialed in and ready for our 3-peat. You might be wondering how it could be a statement game when it's not against a powerhouse team, well the Blazers are actually a good team especially when they are at home and especially the way Aldrige has been playing. I am taking the Lakers to make that statement and come away with a win here. I know last night was a great win for L.A. beating a good team by a lot, FINALLY Bynum played how I want him to play the rest of the way. Granted he only scored 5 points but that was on 3 shots. He did however have 15 rebounds and 3 blocks, that is exactly what the Lakers need out of him, maybe a few more points, but when the roll players actually come to play then you don't NEED him to score 20, obviously it'd be great to feed him and Gasol all night in the low post and they could, but maybe they need their shooters to get their confidence back last night and that's what they did.

   A quick baseball note here, a team I would look out for this year would be the Reds, obviously they did good last year till the end of the season. But with Wainright out with a significant injury to his elbow, and the Reds starting rotation only getting better with time and experience, and the reigning MVP at 1B, I look for the Reds to make some noise, as long as they stay healthy and can get some offensive production from their whole lineup. Obviously everyones darkhorse this year is the A's with all the upgrades they made to their pitching staff as well as their lineup adding Matsui, add returning catcher Suzuki who I think will only improve on his impressive season from last year. Another team that you might watch out for this year is the Brewers...yes those Brewers they too have added to their rotation and have power to go along with it. This is the most excited I have been for a baseball season to start since before the steroid era.

  I couldn't make it to the Lobo game yesterday I am trying to go to todays game. They lost yesterday due to a bull pen collapse. They are a young team these are things we are going to have to deal with for this year when playing senior teams such as ASU and even NMSU. Still we have great young talent and the future is looking bright for the Lobos.

No comments:

Post a Comment